BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

I'm still not so sure he is half-human. But they'll just leave that one as an unanswered question because it's better than dealing with potential continuity issues (though with Doctor Who, continuity issues are just part of the program).

I'm interested to see what happens with Me next, especially as she now has a TARDIS. I wouldn't mind more of her in the show. I am interested, though, to know how she knows so much about Missy (and to even call her that).

The Doctor's fate is also a bit different from Donna's... supposedly he can't remember Clara at all, and nothing can change that. With Donna, all the memories are intact, just sort-of blocked, but could come bursting out if they're triggered.

I really enjoyed that one, and I'm looking forward to the Chrimbo Special, in a mere 18 days.]

Favourite bit? In a relative split-second, they've thrown open the casting door for the inevitable Next Doctor. Gender, skin colour - it doesn't matter. It's 100% canon now that such things don't matter to Timelords.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

YAY Time Lords and Gallifrey back....

...and it ends up being mostly about f**king clara who should of been left dead 2 episodes ago. Well I knew moffat couldn't kill off one of his dull mary sues. "Everyoneeee livessss" seems to he mantra of moffat *yawn*, Rassilon defeated too easily - what a waste of a great actor! no references to Lungbarrow either, another lost opportunity.

on the positive - the production values and acting are superb this season, everything looks really good - dug all the gallifreyan imagery (bar the peasants which look too earth medieval for some reason) they just need writers that don't suck like moffat.

Xmas special looks like a terrible mix of Douglas Adams and Little Britain with another one of Moffat's Mary Sue's thrown in so a horrible combination there.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 12-07-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Not so sure it's "everyone lives" with Clara. It seems pretty clear she's a goner, and is only delaying the inevitable, which she can't put off for long, especially as she messed with the Doctor's brain specifically so she could do it without it bothering him too much. Why do that if you're not actually going to fix things and might well break them?

And in Me's case, "living" seems more like a curse at this point. She's now literally lived to the end of the universe, and now has the ability to go through it all again and again. But at least she *can* die at some point, if someone incinerates her entirely. So not as bad as Jack (who ultimately died anyway, despite being a mostly fixed point in time).

[URL="http://www.themarysue.com/moffat-leaves-doctor-who/"]Moffat leaving Doctor Who[/URL], being replaced as showrunner by Chris Chibnall
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I keep reading that as Chris Cannibal
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I read it as Chip Crapnell lol, must be one of those names.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Oh dear, well can't say it was unexpected as I knew it would be someone from that "pool" of writers. I've not liked any of Chiballs episodes so i'm not gonna get my hopes up as he's just another fan like Russel and Moffat so itll probably still suck, but I suppose I'll give him a fair chance and watch a few of his episodes. Never watched "Broadchurch" but I see it has David tennant in it I won't even bother with that.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 01-23-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    [URL="http://www.themarysue.com/moffat-leaves-doctor-who/"]Moffat leaving Doctor Who[/URL],

I'm hoping at least the overall plot might be more coherent and we might start to see more women whose life doesn't revolve entirely around the Doctor, or who get killed off just to make male characters sad... Though to be fair apparently Moffat did really well with Clara in the end but I'm like 10 episodes behind so I'm just going with what other people have said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Nice lol.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast