BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

The fact that I was running a fundraiser and it involved their name. Which I don't get, cause anyone can go and run a tournament, but a fundraiser,something good in GW's name? NOOOOOOOOOO!
    sorry, still bitter about it.

So as an example, you called it the "Warhammer Fundraiser" or something that had one of their trademarks directly in the title? As opposed to, I don't know, "Grim Dark for the Holidays" or something like that?

Just another example of a large corporation overreacting to something that DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!!
    I mean, seriously. GW makes millions of dollars every year. By comparison, the amount of money 'lost' by IP (an oxymoron) infringement is infinitesimal.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Porty1119 View Post
    Just another example of a large corporation overreacting to something that DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!!
    I mean, seriously. GW makes millions of dollars every year. By comparison, the amount of money 'lost' by IP (an oxymoron) infringement is infinitesimal.
    But it does matter - any lapse on GW's part in enforcing a Trademark becomes a precedent that can be used against them in a future trademark infringement case, as well as risk them loosing the trademark protection all together.

Hi all.
    I am not an expert on IP.
    But GW has lots of options available to resolve IP issues.
    However , GW seems to just issue C&D orders in a very heavy handed way.

GW could grant limited licences for promotion - development ,On the understanding no money is made , in a for 'personal use only' type agreement.

Most game companies are happy to have thier products features on BGG.

But perhaps those companies like to work with thier customers in a bid to improve thier products...

TTFN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12