BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Word bearers counts as list with new marine dex

Need help trying to make a word bearers list as fluffy yet competitive as possible figured the best bet would be doing a counts as using the new space marine dex need help looking at the 1850 range other then a chaplain was thinking of using deacons as counts as cc scouts any suggestions thanks

Battle-Brother

Personally, I would use the Black templars chapter traits to get that Religious feel, plus getting to field crusader squads is lots of fun. Maybe as well equipped fanatics defending the chosen of the gods ( Can you say operation - meat shield), then field a emperors champion as a Exalted Champion of chaos and a EVIL Grimadlus carry EVIL relics i.e. Horus slippers, a cup that lorgar looked at once etc.
    After that, field anything. Best of luck

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Obispal View Post
    Personally, I would use the Black templars chapter traits to get that Religious feel, plus getting to field crusader squads is lots of fun. Maybe as well equipped fanatics defending the chosen of the gods ( Can you say operation - meat shield), then field a emperors champion as a Exalted Champion of chaos and a EVIL Grimadlus carry EVIL relics i.e. Horus slippers, a cup that lorgar looked at once etc.
    After that, field anything. Best of luck
    Don't forget the most unHOLY of relics, the Thrice-Cursed Hanky of Fulgrim

As obispal says. Also use legion of the damned as the gal vorbak.

The purity seals could also represent used primarch paper. Give them a healthy wash of brown.

Brother-Captain

For what reason would Space Marines be better for them than Chaos Space Marines? Chaos get Cultists, Daemons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    For what reason would Space Marines be better for them than Chaos Space Marines? Chaos get Cultists, Daemons etc.
    Because he wants to have a better list that has space marines in it, daft really, when it'd be easier to reflect this list with Chaos Space Marines and anyone he fights will be expecting Chaos Space Marines.

Didn't think about the black Templar route thanks for all the input I will post a list later