Howdy,

I've been a long time BoLs fan/member, but never posted before. My family and I are a little over half way through a two year assignment to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and I've got four 40k armies (Tau, Guard, Dark Angels, Orks) which comprise the sum total of miniatures in our community. At least, so far as I'm aware.

What makes Riyadh so unfriendly to 40k and gaming in general is the utter lack of game stores, complete unfamiliarity with the hobby, and local laws which tightly control art and outlaw anything deemed related to witchcraft.

As you can imagine, this does not present the most hospitable environment for Warhammer 40k or roleplaying games. The irony is that this would be the perfect place to operate a game industry. There are thousands of young men with lots of leisure time and disposable income, who aren't allowed to associate with women. Could you ask for a better customer base?

At any rate, those of us who wargame out here are few and far between. If any random soul in the Kingdom reads this and is looking for a match, please let me know.

Riyadh out.