BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Gunmage Cygnar force

As some of you may remember from my i'm-a-total-n00b-at-this-game [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=3359]thread[/url], I recently took up Warmachine.
    Gunmages screamed "cool!" to me, so I've made myself a small (but expanding) force based around them.

I'd really like to do something special with the pistols (like glowing runework along the barrels or something equally as suicidal)... but I haven't quite made up my mind yet, so they're all in various stages of unpainteddom.

Anyway, without too much more ado, here's The Man himself: Lt Allister "Come-Get-Some" Caine!

Resident tough-guy: Gunmage Cpt Adept "Rocco"

The obiligitory love-interest: Gunmage Lt "As-Yet-Unnamed"!

...and a giant robot.

Still left to paint is the other 5 Gunmages in the squad, their unit commander attachment (that totally looks like a pirate) and a Sentinel.
    Also, I hacked Santa's email and saw an invoice for The Black 13th... score me some more Gunmages!

Librarian

The more I see of this game the more I like the idea of making an army myself. Really like the gun mages
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Your Cygnar army looks like its off to a great start. I really like the faces on Caine and the GMCA.

Fly Lord

Cryl, I'm a big Warmachine fan due to the very low modelcount needed to get a starter force up and playing.

Its like the polar opposite of Warhammer Fantasy...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Cryl, I'm a big Warmachine fan due to the very low modelcount needed to get a starter force up and playing.

Its like the polar opposite of Warhammer Fantasy...
    I'm seriously considering starting up a Menoth force once I can get ahold of some models

EDIT: Sorry to take your thread off topic
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Us crazy religious pyros are sprouting up like wildfire eh? Haha. But anywho. I know nothing of Cygnar really, except the ones I fought, the Ironclad, Charger, and the Defender. But your infantry-men look sweet. As does Mr. Roboto.

Ok well, I'd apologize for the necro, but this hasn't really gone anywhere since last month...
    Our internet connection died on us so I haven't been posting updates here... and my wife and I are buying a house, so I haven't had a lot of free time (so there hasn't been much to update), but here's where I'm at now.

Gunmage Officer unit upgrade: CPT No-In-Fact-I-Am-NOT-A-Pirate Smith

...and "no nonsense" view:

Also, I've taken up Skorne since I hate winning games...
    Here's my Agonizer (whose name, by the way, makes him sound WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cooler than he actually is)

...and my current WIP: Titan "in yo' face!" Gladiator

Still left to go for Cygnar:
    5 regular gunmages
    the Black 13th
    female Journeyman Warcaster
    Hammersmith
    Hunter

for Skorne:
    the arms and flag for the Gladiator (and highlights on the ropes)
    x2 Cyclopssesz
    starter-set Morghol
    Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor And All-Around Rascally Fella, solo guy with a barbed whip

Grand Provost Marshal

This stuff all looks good!

If you want a smidge more diversity with the same models, pick up Ashlynn D'Elyse, a Mule, and a Nomad, and you'll have a small merc force to run your Gunmages with.

I'm currently working on a gun-magery style Highborne Covenant list myself, using Ashlynn, Gunmages + UA, Mules, Nomads, Harlan Versh, and will snag Taryn di la Rovissi when she comes out too.

Brother-Sergeant

Gunmages are undoubtedly bad ***, and of all the Cygnaran casters Caine is definitely one of my favorites, he's got some hella long range on those pistols. XD I've given a similar themed force many a peak since getting into WarmaHordes, but alas I'm trying to get my Trolls into a respectably finished state before I move onto a Warmachine force.

Really like the faces on all you models. especially the dude! cant wait to see more.

-ApocalypseRAT