BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

A friend of mine is making an Ork army out of Orcs and Goblins :P

Should be interesting to see how it all goes, told him best thing to do is to have labels so people know what they are shooting at.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I have never known a GW sale, when did they do this?
    They used to do it fairly often back in the long long ago. Store openings usually had spend $x and get y free deals, end of lines used to have clearance. I'm sure there was a pretty big sale when they went from lead to white metal as we went nuts with it at the time.

The prices on the scan go some way to giving the age away, £3.99 blister packs and Space Hulk in store.

Occuli Imperator

Actually, I do remember one, end of 2nd Ed, the box sets (box set + dm) were being sold for a pinch.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Give them the'r due - I just took them up on their magic terrain deal - £70 worth for £50.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

The Christmas Bundles are always discounted, same with the new strikeforces.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Oops, half of the examples of 'check with us first' in the new guidelines are mine.
    Me and my mate did notice this. Having seen and faced your amazing work i think you will be fine.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    Me and my mate did notice this. Having seen and faced your amazing work i think you will be fine.
    Rule of cool prevails!

The system works.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

On sales, I remember buying 4 packs of GorkaMorka when it was being discontinued and sold for half price. Instant speed freaks army! That must have been at the start of 3rd ed?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    'Responsible' are you deliberately trying to sound snippy? I have responded to your points below.
    Sorry Denzark, not trying to come across as snippy at all - just firing off a few thoughts! I pretty much agree with your all your responses to me. If I came across as a bit negative in my earlier posts, sorry - the Internet is not a great medium for tone.

Thanks for posting and sharing stuff from the event. It is appreciated!

Chapter-Master

No dramas bud I get the comment about tone. In another thread someone referred to everyone on the internet as 'autistic' and I thought that was quite perceptive (Not trying to be offensive to autistic people I presume the poster used the word as best descriptor.)
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast