BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Forgeworld rules and tournament legality

So on whingeseer a thread has run on this subject due to a rumour from faeit 212.
    Apparently the next IA book will no longer state that you must ask permission to use your expensive resin crack.
    Will this mean a wider acceptance of fw at tournies?
    Did anyone mention this at ToS?
    Do you care? If so why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    So on whingeseer a thread
    It's funny, I see people whine in both BoLS and Warseer, but at least posters on Warseer don't whine as much about other forums as happens on BoLS. "Whingeseer" and "whineseer" are dull and add nothing to the discussion; I'd highly recommend not using them.

Back on topic, I feel like the diehard anti-FW folks will continue to say that FW isn't GW, and isn't legal until GW itself makes an announcement about it. I don't agree with that argument, but it's how I usually see it presented.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 11-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.

My question is, if Forgeworld goes legal, does that infact make 30k compatible with 40k?

Because I just got some Cataphractii Terminators...

Ultimately? DFKDFC.

It's down to the individual Tournament organiser. I believe they publish their rules packs in advance.

If they say no, it's a no. It's their Tournament after all.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Some very interesting points raised by ADB on faeit's blog, where he states categorically that GW have repeatedly stated FW is now legal and that the nay sayers arguements about FW not being GW are totally inaccurate.
    Would be interesting to hear the ToS rules on FW entry for the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's down to the individual Tournament organiser. I believe they publish their rules packs in advance.

If they say no, it's a no. It's their Tournament after all.
    This. I don't see it being any other way. The only thing the change in the FW books will do is make them "legal" for friendly play so you won't have to ask permission to use them unless it's an event and the organizer says no.

Cheers, Gary

Chapter-Master

Right, if anyone tells you that forgeworld is not official, then according to GW, you can officially call them stupid.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It must be a day ending in Y because it's time for another "are Forgeworld rules allowed in GW games?" thread.

Did anyone who went to or is going to ToS hear any new info on this developement?
    Im personally convinced FW is busted and OP.
    My seige vanguard are zero for four in the wins department.
    Im such a bad player that ive finished 8th 4th and 2nd in tournies in the last few years with non FW inclusive armies.
    My best mate finished 2nd to last in his last tournie with a pure FW ork list from kastorel novum.
    Oh and his non FW armies have beaten my vanguard twice one being a massacre.
    Yep FW is way too over powered.

Alpha Legion Operative

I really don't care. Which books to use are up to tournament organisers.

Is it 'official'?

Yes. It's from Games Workshop.

Is it up to you as a player or a tournament organiser to decide for whatever reason they choose which rules to include and which not?

Yes.

"Official" is just code for seeking validation and being 'right'. It's a load of nonsense. People can like them or not, and in the games they are organising, whether in their garage, local game store or massive international tournament, can make their own decisions about what to include and not, like reasonable adults.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast