BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forge World units are in the game, they have rules, you can use them, if an individual tournament organiser or opponent wishes for them not to be used, thats their call, you then have to decide if you;d want to play those games.

Chaplain

Official... Not official... It makes no difference.

Until the FW products can readily be purchased side by side with the rest of GW's products everywhere it will never truly gain unconditional acceptance.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

There are plenty of regular 40k units that can't commonly be found anywhere but online, or don't even have models.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Exactly darklink. Every reason against is applicable to codexs which are used by everyone.
    There simply isnt a reason not to allow fw anymore.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    There are plenty of regular 40k units that can't commonly be found anywhere but online, or don't even have models.
    shhh your poking holes in unreasonable bias again
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

And those handful of arguably broken forgeworld units?
    Riptides.
    Heldrakes.
    Mind shackle scarabs.
    Rad and psykotroke grenades.
    Night scythes.
    Vendettas.
    The Grimnoire.
    Fateweaver.
    Broadsides.
    Markerlights.
    Wave Serpents.
    Wraithknights.
    Warp Spiders.
    War Walkers.
    Daemons of Tzeentch.
    Flesh Hounds.
    Grav Gun Bikers.

Shall I continue?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I do pay the broken argument for atleast one FW unit, that insane riptide kit is just nuts.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Well, if someone tries putting a super heavy in a standard game I believe everyone is still allowed to tell them to get lost. For everything else, bring the rules. If you can't pass your opponent a hard copy of the rules you can't use the unit. If it doesn't have rules/still has experimental rules then it is still being beta tested and the opponent is allowed to veto it. (If it is a digital only codex you'll have to pass them a device with the codex on it, but that definitely applies to the GW digital releases too.)
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

That's because unlike Forgeworld, superheavies are specifically supposed to be apocalypse only. Using them in regular 40k is pure houserules.

Chapter-Master

I haven't even bothered with the rest of the thread, I just came in to say;
    I agree with DarkLink 100%.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast