BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I do feel like I want to chime in - before my words are used incorrectly - and point out that the "RATE MY LIST but let's not have an actual discussion about how to use them and what to put into them" threads are pretty dumb. The entire reason I want to avoid weird rigid forum rules is to foster more creativity and discussion - those threads are the opposite of that.

Akaiyou, if your take home from this conversation is "folks on BoLS are mean," then you're only getting half the point. You might want to consider that your style of posting army lists is annoying to some people and perhaps instead of defending your right to post whatever you want, you should also stop and think about the reaction your are eliciting. Maybe this whole project of "I don't want you to tell me how to improve this list because I'm not ever going to buy any models ever, just tell me how good it is" is wrong-headed from the start.

In other words, Akaiyou, I don't really think you're right. I just prefer to post in a forum where you have the ability to be wrong .
    When did I say that you think I am right? Quote me perhaps? Lol you clearly said that you are annoyed too.

What i commended you for is the fact that you had the maturity (and sense) to either ignore the threads, or use the various forum functions that make it easy for you to ignore such threads.

Now how stupid or non-stupid the thread could be to you, is a matter of opinion. One man's trash is another man's gold. Am i wrong?

My take home from this is not that 'folks on bols are mean'
    Because I've been on bols longer than most of you, just look at our join dates.

I've got Bols on speed dial and ****. lol

Now for someone that had the maturity to acknowledge that you can simply 'ignore' or use the functions to ignore such threads, i'm quite surprised that you don't have the maturity to consider that there's simply not just 1 giving someone feedback. Bit narrowminded if you ask me.

Ultimately I refer you all to that nice thread posted by WolfShade offering some very solid guidelines for posting conduct including responses.

For the record I find most of this *****ing (excuse my french) amusing. It's almost like an unintended sociological experiment, tabletop gamers fighting for the right to limit other's rights to post freely or to limit discussions. Wowzers...has history not taught us anything about the dangers of advocating censorship? About what happens when we start thinking that 'our' way is the superior and only way?

Why do you think I comically called The Tzeentch dude whatever his name is, Net-Hitler?

Seriously you guys need to take a step back, breathe and re-consider the stuff you are writting. Regardless of how many other morons might agree with you, it doesn't mean you are correct. Even the worst of people through out history had a fan base that agreed with them. Think on that.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Look, i am in no way the smart guy here, and in truth i was never much of a mental jugernought. However, this is what i see as the main issue. Its really not the "rate " part that annoyed people, its the attitude of what happens when we don't rate it. When we look over it and simply realize that whatever your trying to accomplish , just doesn't seem to work. Maybe because we have tried it, or have made similar mistakes. Maybe we are simply not sure why a person with so many models and experience is asking us mere mortals what we think of your lists by a simple ratting. Maybe thats all you expect of us , and in your mind you already have the answer.

But I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here. I think, you need our advice. Matter of fact i have gone over your lists many times, and i have to be honest, you really do need to listen. Rating is easy, but really listening to others is hard. I learned that in night school( my mom says I'm getting better). You just come off as a pompous fool by the way you respond. Now this might just be all of us reading into it the wrong way. But presentation of ideas is just as important as the ideas themselves.

Lists are to be thought out, to be tested, and in the end to be polished and experienced. Unless you played 12 different armies in 8 days , then I'm curious to how much time you are actually putting into your 70k points of plastic guys? I also question that if you are not playing, then your just throwing lists out for something that maybe we have all over looked? In the end stick to two, and make em work the best you can…spamming has its place, but not in the amounts of lists that your throwing against the wall to see what will stick.

Chapter-Master

This person's problem is not that his rudeness, abrasiveness, ridiculous arguments, inappropriate tone, refusal to take criticism or general trolling makes him the biggest throbber on here since OrksOrksOrks.

Its just that the constant listing then bumping then being a prick is sooooooooo dammmmned booooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg gggggggggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

You've bumped the threads more than me you do know that right?
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    This person's problem is not that his rudeness, abrasiveness, ridiculous arguments, inappropriate tone, refusal to take criticism or general trolling makes him the biggest throbber on here since OrksOrksOrks.

Its just that the constant listing then bumping then being a prick is sooooooooo dammmmned booooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg gggggggggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    If i say I agree to this would it contradict what I just said since by responding I just bumbed up the post and feeding the troll more.

Anyway I rate Orcs as a Orkky good time. Hmmm, is it Orc or Ork, I always forget. Same with wytch and witch, or demons and daemons.

Occuli Imperator

Orc = WFB
    Ork = 40k

Wych = 40k DE
    Witch = more general in both 40k and WFB

Daemons = 40k/WFB
    Demon = not warhammer, though the painting comp is called Golden Demon...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyou View Post
    I've often wondered why this isn't the standard.

Also it amuses me that Romulus's baby thinks he's a 'regular day to day' member as if he's some sort of employee of the forum "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!" (south park reference) mentality is hilarious to say the least. I wonder what nonsense will come out of his mouth next , internet logic at it's finest.

He has like 270 posts only. I've been around this forum for a looong time, even before registering and still have about as many posts as he does, yet he feels he should be more entitled to an opinion because he's a 'day to day' poster and no one should ever disrupt the 'day to day' poster! Excuse me, sir but no. You are the same as everyone else here, get over it.

As Eletric Paladin so kindly pointed out to you, there are ways to 'mitigate' the annoyance if you are so bothered, and your voice has the same weight as anyone else's here. Including mine.

I've said this before i'll say it again, there's more than 1 way to give feedback to someone. I intentionally worded my threads with the 'no suggestions' because I specifically wanted to avoid that kind of responses. Yet i didn't do so in every thread, in the Grey Knights thread i posted 'i'm open to them, but only from the following list of items'

And yet where is the flood of responses to that one? in the 4,000 pts game i even said 'i'm fully open to suggestions on a list build from the following items' and put up a really large collection of stuff to choose from....where are the responses to that thread?

Seems to me like some folk here just want to complain for the sake of complaining. Or just like with the flavor of the month, they want to just jump into the newest bandwagon without even putting a thought into it.

So let me re-iterate this. When you look at a posted army list, most people will want advice/suggestions on how to improve it, perhaps they are looking to buy something new, or have access/plans to get more stuff. But then there's people who DO NOT and when you look at their army list and they are NOT planning to get more things at any point in the near future, then your suggestions on what to change become moot. So if they ask you please no editing suggestions, you should respect that, they shouldn't have to give you a whole life story about why they can't or wont be purchasing any new stuff. To someone in that position any advice telling them 'Get more riptides for your Tau' 'Buy more wraithknights' is as useless as useless can be.

So be more creative, don't always try to dictate what someone should play, and the world will be a better place.
    I actually agree to some of this. Hmmmm by another Riptide. Maybe I don't want too. I agree that some advice is just not really advice. However you can always say here is the models I own and I choose not to buy more. This is my list and I can sub out with x models. That way it would reduce the man you have to get another tide.

Personally if you field all tides and broadsides its only good against certain armies. Armies like lance spam eldar can kill the tides and stay away 30" until they kill the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire to Glory View Post
    Spamming army lists has got to be a violation of something.
    It's not... and if this line of discussion continues in the way that it has [over several threads] I will start issuing bans.

Don't like something? IGNORE IT.

I was hoping this thread was going to be constructive when I allowed it to stay up on Tuesday, it hasn't. It now closed.
    Last edited by The Girl; 11-15-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typos

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567