BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by knas ser View Post
    Has anyone tried just politely suggesting stopping to the poster in question? In all likelihood it's simple enthusiasm and they don't know that people are pissed off. It's the Internet - no-can see you grimace or the groan in your voice when you reply. On the World Wide Web, everyone is autistic. This poster could be anyone from an eleven year old kid just discovered the hobby to your mum. Oftentimes, direct feedback is needed, not just hoping they happen across a thread where they will (probably to their surprise) find a lot of people complaining and making jokes about them.
    2.68034 pre-Death Star Alderaans.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

So, personally, I really like army lists. I don't always comment on them, but I learn a lot by reading army lists and posting my own army lists. I think that one of the things I like about BoLS - and dislike about, say, Dakka Dakka and Advanced Tau Tactica - is that you can post an army list here and expect it to get some attention. If an army list gets ignored here, it's probably because there's nothing wrong with it and you just need to play it out and see how it goes.

Now, I understand that there's some new guy posting the equivalent of "Look at me! Look at me! Won't somebody please RATE MY LIST!?" Those threads are kind of annoying, sure, and I find myself ignoring them.

Let me introduce you to a brand-new online tool. It's free to download - you just have to Google it. It's called "Not Reading the ******* Thread."

If you install No Reading the ******* Thread on your computer, you can just not read the threads that annoy you. I'm not a computer guy and I don't know how it works, exactly, but it involves not clicking on things. It's really technical. But it's kind of amazing.

There's also a pay version called "Clicking on 'Mark All as Read'" which makes it so that you can't even see those threads in some ways of viewing the forum. I know that paying for software is kind of lame these days, but if Not Reading the ******* Thread isn't good enough for you, you could try Clicking on Mark All as Read.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

4 Caribou.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

My 5 iguanas beats your 4 caribou

Chapter-Master

3 Spavined Hedgehogs.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

A little cappibara.

-27 Scorpions.

Occuli Imperator

Popsical, Mystery, Denzark are you sure you aren't Horsemen?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

18 fetterred flame chickens.

Chapter-Master

The main thing I get from reading army lists is an intro to what spam I may see on the tournament scene.

And I raise 1 chupacabra and .5 of a bigfoot

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast