BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyou View Post
    ^^ I don't think people understand how forums work, so their brain wouldn't be able to process such common sense logic.

Lol since you guys decided to go all out and believe me it IS funny. Let me clarify a few things

1. I probably own more stuff than a lot of you, (about 70,000 pts worth of 40k stuff) from 12 out of the 15 current armies (black templars no longer counting as a separate faction)

A) If you only play Tau, you'll only ever need to post 1 thread about your Tau army. I remember the days when I only played Tyranids (my main army) knew them inside out and only asked about stuff related to Nids.

B) If you own more than just Tau, but are the type of player that ONLY plays the flavor of the month. You've shelved your Orks in favor of putting out your lovely riptide spam. Then you probably still only ask for comments on Tau. Because you are a bandwagoner (i'm sure many of you know the type)

C) If you are like me, and own more than just Tau and cycle through your armies regularly. You're likely to own not nearly as many points of your 'alternate' armies as you do of your main army (tau) so considering that these are alternate armies, you are very unlikely to buy new stuff for them and furthermore depending on how many you own, it becomes harder to "know" them as thoroughly inside out as you could perhaps claim to know your 'main' army.

So let's assume for argument's sake that you are one of these class C players. With several armies which you cycle through and don't intend to buy new things for, but need help judging how effective your army would be, or if it's something that you should play just to have a laugh/be thematic

#1 - Suggestions on what to 'change' in the army would become pointless, because you don't own every single thing in the codex and you don't want to buy new things. This applies to EVERYONE who isn't trying to buy new stuff, suggestions are simply pointless to anyone who doesn't have the cash to buy what he doesn't already own.

#2 - On the other hand a review of what you DO own or intend to run is incredibly useful to you detailing flaws and strengths, perhaps some advice on which armies to avoid with said list or which armies you'd fare best against. After all NO WHERE IN THIS FORUM DO THE RULES SAY EVERY RESPONSE HAS TO BE ABOUT CHANGING SOMEONE'S LIST

#3 - You'll likely be looking for advice on individual army lists for several factions. If you play 2 days out of the week, and you get 2 or 3 games in while cycling through armies. It stands to reason that you'll need help on just more than 1 or 2 lists. Mathematical Logic meet the internet!

Now I gotta admit i'm not even upset this is actually funny to read. Though not nearly as clever as the complaints i've seen in BoLs article's comment section. Yet pretty funny. For your information I have not been 'warned' by mods, because I have not broken any rules. Yet this thread is clearly off topic for the forum, so seems to me like the OP here clearly has not understood the reasoning for an army list section.

So again let me point out, this is a similar argument between Fluff players - TAC players and WAAC players. Just because someone enjoys the game in a different way to yours doesn't mean that YOUR way is the correct way. By that same token, If I post a list and do NOT want people to turn it into the same list that they advice everyone else to run because I am not looking to run it at a tournament I am well within my right.

In an army list forum there's different kinds of feedback you can offer. It does not always have to be 'take out those firewarriors, replace them with kroot. drop the stealth team and add as many riptides as your wallet can afford, also drop the etheral and add a commander with no weapons and every signature system you can buy'

Try offering constructive feedback based on what someone does own or wants to run for a change. Maybe then the internet can get rid of the stigma of everyone's list looking awfully similar and be filled with tournaments where there's an overwhelming percentage of the same exact army list with a very small dosage of sprinkled flavor. If i wanted to play the same **** everyone is playing I would've stuck with Chess.

Now internet I know how you usually follow up on common sense and logical arguments that you don't agree with. So have at it tear me a new one with your uber-awesome sense of maturity.
    Why you had to pick on Tau. TAU is my first 40k army back in 2003. I can field 12k in Tau and still have 20 metal stealth suits. Anyway lets see. I have 5k in guard, 300 pts dark eldar, 6k in space marines (all factions), had 10 k in nids which is now 5k due to an accident, used to had 3k in necrons( sold them cause they was too boring), 1k sisters, 2k grey knights, 6k chaos damons and marines, used to have 6k in eldar which I gave to my brother ( still regret doing that). 0h and about 100 points of orcs.

I probably have more or less since I called out rough estimates. I can safely say that I probably have 50k in assorted 40k models with different varieties.

That all been said I am on Tau ban wagon since my army has received a great boost. Same with Daemons. Both armies along with Eldar are mu favorite armies overall to play with, almost forgot to include nids too. Which mean when nids come out I would probably be on that ban wagon too.

With space marines 5th edition killer my list litterly and 6th brought it back which makes me want to play marines.

At times when I am bored I'll play sisters, guard, or grey knights.

All that being said everyone who knows me will know since day one you have a good chance of fighting Tau, Daemons, or Nids.

Librarian

General question what the hell does how much plastic crack you own have to do with anything? people posted about blowing up the army list section because you drop a new list every 24 hours.... so you have 70k worth of points.... then why is every list spam spam and more spam? seriously if you have such a large colection and play 13? out of the current armies then seriously you should have a more diverse army list.... and Do not start a pissing contest in the forums claiming you have 70k worth of stuff as some justification for you insessant need to post list after list... becuase tha makes an assumption about the rest of us that we play the army of the month or that we have only one army... seriously it makes you sound like an ***.

If we go off your logic then i should be posting up armies for the following lets see. 3-4 SoR (home brewed chapter) chapter master list armoured company list drop company list and bike company list.. templars imperial fists blood angles 2 space woles lists angles of absoultion angles of sanguine grey knights imperial gurd infantry and imperial guard tank company demi grey knights um the eldar tau list i've been slowly building and painting dark eldar chaos death guard 2 companies and 2 companies of world eaters.... thats alot of lists i could be posting on the forums... do i? no i generally don't do you know why? because when i am playing an army i play with the list i built for 3-5 mathes then make changes as needed would that justify me to post the list? probably would be more beneficial then you posting a list every 12 hours begging for atention. seriusly my neice isnt this annoying and shes 2.

I'm with you Romulous.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Lol I gotta love the internet 'logic' or what passes for 'logic'

Please do tell me more about how unpleasant it is for you. Wait let me get my comfy slippers for this one...continue
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    then why is every list spam spam and more spam? seriously if you have such a large colection and play 13? out of the current armies then seriously you should have a more diverse army list....
    Because taking redundant units has tactical benefits? If a unit does a job better than any other unit in the same FOC slot, why wouldn't you take 2-3 of it?

I'm not a fan of the whole "Rate my Lists" thing. I like applying constructive criticism in ways other than scoring a list out of 10, so I simply avoid those threads. It's not like there's enough other new lists posted for the "Rate" lists to push them to the next page.

Librarian

He's not spamming 60 tactical marines for tactical redundancies... and seriously spamming is not taking 1-2 units.... spamming if 3-4 of the same units taking 2 predators or 2 tactical marines is not spam....

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    He's not spamming 60 tactical marines for tactical redundancies... and seriously spamming is not taking 1-2 units.... spamming if 3-4 of the same units taking 2 predators or 2 tactical marines is not spam....
    Some armies like orcs is pretty spammy. Also nids. However there is no reason to really spam marines. Although I would spam marine scouts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Some armies like orcs is pretty spammy. Also nids. However there is no reason to really spam marines. Although I would spam marine scouts lol.
    Yet anyone that wants to play something resembling a marine company would have to spam tacticals.

But I do understand that they are referring to my Dark Angels 'spam' of tacticals. Which i built from several DV sets...which just happen to have the same exact tactical marine squads. So why wouldn't i use it, if it's very fluffy, they aren't terrible (far from great) and i find bringing so much plasma weaponry fun.

I'm just saying what's so wrong about spam? If some hate it good for them, if some like it good for them. Either way you can't hate someone for whatever their preference is on something.

Somehow though spamming a lot of dark angels tactical marine squads was considered 'uber powerful power gaming list' go figure...i didn't know Dark Angel tactical squads were winning tournaments left and right.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

I actually said that 3 of the exact same, carbon copy, squads would just look awful. You have no shame though.
    IF, however, you had one DV squad, then two differently posed squads, but with the same wargear, it would look a lot better.

There is no reasoning with madness (or stupidity) though.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    So, personally, I really like army lists. I don't always comment on them, but I learn a lot by reading army lists and posting my own army lists. I think that one of the things I like about BoLS - and dislike about, say, Dakka Dakka and Advanced Tau Tactica - is that you can post an army list here and expect it to get some attention. If an army list gets ignored here, it's probably because there's nothing wrong with it and you just need to play it out and see how it goes.

Now, I understand that there's some new guy posting the equivalent of "Look at me! Look at me! Won't somebody please RATE MY LIST!?" Those threads are kind of annoying, sure, and I find myself ignoring them.

Let me introduce you to a brand-new online tool. It's free to download - you just have to Google it. It's called "Not Reading the ******* Thread."

If you install No Reading the ******* Thread on your computer, you can just not read the threads that annoy you. I'm not a computer guy and I don't know how it works, exactly, but it involves not clicking on things. It's really technical. But it's kind of amazing.

There's also a pay version called "Clicking on 'Mark All as Read'" which makes it so that you can't even see those threads in some ways of viewing the forum. I know that paying for software is kind of lame these days, but if Not Reading the ******* Thread isn't good enough for you, you could try Clicking on Mark All as Read.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    The quality of his lists, or the contents, are not the issue. I just started ignoring them, too, especially once I saw how little thought went into them.

However, this thread is about an inconsiderate member spamming lists, sometimes several in a day. Sometimes several in an hour. It bumps other lists down. Ones posted by members who aren't spamming lists.

While I appreciate your perspective, stop pretending that you're superior to people because you aren't annoyed by the subject. Take your own advice and 1) ignore the thread... 2) stop being a jerk.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast