BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

GW would usually send you a replacement if you showed you had a faulty kit.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I have never had a single bad Finecast model.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    GW would usually send you a replacement if you showed you had a faulty kit.
    Which is great for them, but I do think that faulty kits appeared with a frustrating frequency. If I'd wanted to wait four to six weeks to have my toy, I'd have ordered it from the Internet in the first place. The hobby isn't always about instant gratification - says the Vampire Coutns army currently en route to me from Canada - but sometimes it is - says the Wight King who is about half painted and has no one to command. I've had to ask Privateer Press for a couple of replacement bits as well, but with Finecast it happened too often.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I will add that, while finecast might break if its too thin, it was still much easier to repair than the metal that it replaced. Anyways, I don't think fine cast was ever anything more than a stopgap measure.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Well this is what you get when don't have priests chanting the hymn of pure casting, the litany of bubble purgation and observing the ritual of righteous quality control without the catechism of gremlin banishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blond Daemon View Post
    Well this is what you get when don't have priests chanting the hymn of pure casting, the litany of bubble purgation and observing the ritual of righteous quality control without the catechism of gremlin banishment.
    This guy gets it.

The Omnissiah deemed me worthy of perfect Finecast sculpts.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Court View Post
    Does this mean their prices will go down when all the finecast stuff goes to plastic?
    I think they'll stay close to the same the way they did with the Chaos SM leadership plastic kits that are out now.

One thing though the article did mention a WHY and I want to throw in my own two cents on that issue. Is it possible GW is aiming to be a more safer and therefore more wildly available/marketable product?

I ended up with a few finecast minis... (not by choice... aside from the one) and I was never impressed with the quality.

Finecast got the last laugh however... I scooped the games day Marco Colombo off ebay... and he has a bubble right on the tip of his nose (where his nose SHOULD be at least.)

*shakes fist*

Chaplain

It all depends on which armies you play.

If you play an army like space marines or chaos space marines, you might have ok luck with finecast. The models are usually bulky enough that a small bubble can maybe be dealt with.

On the other hand, an eldar/dark eldar or necron player is more likely to end up with an unusable finecast model. My necron friend is almost on a first name basis with the GW returns people. I've lost count of the number of necron models he has had to send back because of air bubbles in the staves and legs.

Personally, I didn't necessarily dislike finecast, I was just always too afraid to buy it, as this hobby is quite expensive and we cant afford to spend tons of money on one guy who has the possibility of being severally warped and disfigured.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast