BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Cos they got fed up of whingy children on the internet complaining about the one in a million air bubble problem
    The multitude of air bubbles were easy to fix compared to the malformed/missing parts, severe warping and mold lines that made a drop pod seem clean...

I believe GW have been wanting to go 100% plastic for years but only within the last couple of years have they had the technology to reach the levels of detail on plastic miniatures that they feel is acceptable for character models. Finecast is just a stop gap that arrived because the price of metal became too high. This move would have happened regardless of finecast or not I think. I certainly welcome it as I like their plastic clampack character models.

Chapter-Master

Cos they got fed up of whingy children on the internet complaining about the one in a million air bubble problem
    I'm certainly no GW apologist but this is so true.

So many people who were just fine with the multitude of problems with the pewter minis were foaming at the mouth over minor, insignificant problems with finecast models.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I have to say that nobody i know suffered with any of the oft told problems that plagued the interwebs.
    As i have only bought 2 finecast figs and they were both perfect im not so convinced the problems were that bad.

Phasing out finecast for plastic is fine with me, the line about remaining finecast characters being made by FW leads to an interesting question.

What do they have planned for the elder? who despite the recent new codex have all their non-vehicle fast attack, elites and heavy support still in finecast.

Does this lend weight to the speculation that further craftworld supplements are planned with new plastic aspects?

I'm not a child and I don't whinge, and I've bought two Finecast models so far and they've both had issues with air bubbles that have led to bits of the model not being usable.

Finecast was an emergency rush to get away from pewter to save money. It wasn't something that was well-planned or even a very good long-term strategy, especially as filing resin can be quite unpleasant for the lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm certainly no GW apologist but this is so true.

So many people who were just fine with the multitude of problems with the pewter minis were foaming at the mouth over minor, insignificant problems with finecast models.

Yep. On Dakka they kept going on about how it melted in the heat. I set about testing this by bunging a Liche Priest in my oven. Yes it softened. But it didn't melt (200 degrees c for 15 minutes, fact fans). And the hate mob, despite my photographic evidence, and their lack thereof decided I must be lying.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

You were lying. It was 14 spiders.

First-Captain

the main reason I think is that they seem to think they can charge us way more for plastic characters than finecast ones...
    (and no I'm not entirely serious, but looking at their practises in the last years does kinda force that thought into my mind)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

[url]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526745294076175&set=gm.465695910210 652&type=1&theater[/url]

As reported by sources 26/10....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast