BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Christmas Wish List.

Hello there boys and girls.

I thought it would be a nice idea as the holiday season approaches if you shared with me your Christmas lists. Hobby related wish lists to be more precise.

Are you looking to start a new army, add to a current one or just hope to get that one off model you just want to paint. Whatever it is you hope to have Santa would love to read what it is you hope to find under the tree.

I usually have something given to me by the Elves and Mrs Claus. Were all into 40k up here at the North Pole and the Elves had been making some new models that could be used in our games. Unfortunately GW have sent us a Cease and Desist. Apparently they even have the copyright to Elves which have sent my boys into a bit of a panic.

Anyway I have asked Mrs Claus for Angron by FW for Christmas. Such a lovely model and a very misunderstood primarch.

What's on your list ?
    “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”

Deadzone - Containment Protocol

Lovely miniatures and a great game.

Also the miniatures can be used to play other games like e.g. 40k.

Iron Father

Forge World Iron Hands, lots of pre heresy stuff. I have wanted to do IH for such a long time but struggled to get the paint scheme to look how I wanted. I've cracked that now. So yep besides "socks" which I have to have every year it's going to be a forge world list for me this year.

And really Santa, Angron ? You surprise me.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Same here, pre-heresy IH, especially Ferrus Manus.

FW is trying to bankrupt me; help me Santa, you're my only hope.

Also, an R'Varna riptide.

My tabletop hobby present will be Deadzone - Containmentprotocol.

Lovely miniatures which will be used in 40k as well.

Chapter-Master

Tyranids.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

*******it, but it's a waste of time. My interests waffle back and forth between games so rapidly, you could leave me anything from any game I play, and if I don't want to build it, paint it, and play it right away, I'll get to it in a month or two. At the moment, the top of my list would probably be Lizardmen or Vampire Counts. Though, I am also a 40k player and am participating in a narrative campaign using my Knights of Blood, so I could totally use something for them. And I'm also excited about stripping my Exorcists and repainting them as Sons of Medusa, so something for them would be cool, too.

And then it's still true that I also play Warmachine and Hordes, and would dig, maybe, a Gun Carriage or an Archangel or a Throne of Everblight.

So, I dunno... really, you can't go wrong!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    *******it, but it's a waste of time. My interests waffle back and forth between games so rapidly, you could leave me anything from any game I play, and if I don't want to build it, paint it, and play it right away, I'll get to it in a month or two. At the moment, the top of my list would probably be Lizardmen or Vampire Counts. Though, I am also a 40k player and am participating in a narrative campaign using my Knights of Blood, so I could totally use something for them. And I'm also excited about stripping my Exorcists and repainting them as Sons of Medusa, so something for them would be cool, too.

And then it's still true that I also play Warmachine and Hordes, and would dig, maybe, a Gun Carriage or an Archangel or a Throne of Everblight.

So, I dunno... really, you can't go wrong!
    How do you go about stripping models mate ? Here in the UK I've been told Detols good but I've never stripped anything yet. Bigger mortgage is making me think about giving it a go. Any tips ?

Sorry Santa, derailing your thread and all
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

It's really simple.

1- place models in dettol, in an airtight container.
    2-leave for at least a day.
    3-use toothbrush to get paint gloop off. Electric toothbrushes are best. Make sure you wear a mask when you're doing this! Also, you MUST wear rubber gloves. Dettol will ravage bare skin- thus speaks the voice of experience.

Dettol will safely strip any model, but don't leave resin of any kind in for longer than 24 hours- if you do, it will become rubbery. It won't melt, but it does become soft. Again, voice of experience.

As I say, it's really easy. Give it a go, you'll save a fortune.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Dettol works really well. It's called Purple Power here in America, and it strips the paint right off. There's this stuff called Simple Green which also works wonders, though it isn't quite as good. It's a lot cheaper, though.

The best stuff is Dawn Power Clean, which I believe you call Fairy Clean. It's this gel stuff. You only need to let the model soak for an hour or so and then the paint just comes off. You've got to be careful with resin, though - it can react with the gel and deform a little. Plastic is all right, though.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast