BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Watch for the green light, that's the sign of the King...

So, I've started work on my Tomb Kings, and I've been writing a bit of background for them. Here we are:

King Ankhmakis, the First and Only King of Viridopolis (The Emerald City) was the leader of a proud and illustrious people.
    Before the rise of Nagash, Viridopolis was a city that revered life and creation. A city of sculptors and artists; it was a shining example of freedom and prosperity. There was no war in Viridopolis.
    Before the Pyramid of Jewels, the seat of Ankhmakis, were two columns of immense statues - cast in the most beautiful obsidian stone, in-laden with the most beautiful gems and armed with inspiring golden armour. These statues were imbued with the power of the Priests, and assigned to be the guardians of the Royal family, in this life and the next.
    Prince Amunratep, the heir to the throne, was a noble and honourable man. He loved chariot races and often took part personally, despite the King's protests.
    Citizens from all over Nehekhara would travel to experience the many wonders that Viridopolis had to offer.

Then, the dark times came...
    The powerful sorcery summoned by Nagash washed over Viridopolis, decaying and corrupting the once great city. Ankhmakis watched on in horror, seeing his greatness turn to dust. He then returned to his Queen, and found that she had decided to reject this new unlife, burning her form away into nothing. Ankhmakis shouted his defiance into the heavens, forever cursing Nagash's name.

The King then invoked that the city be shrouded from the world while he mourned. Viridopolis flickered and was gone. Disappearing in the desert winds.

Every 10 years the city reappears, and the King summons his army to march out, seeking vengeance against any trace of Nagash. Ankhmakis has turned his gaze upon Nagash's dark descendants, the Vampires of Sylvania.

"By the Gods, I will avenge you my Queen! I will destroy Nagash and all the evil that he has created in this world. His remains shall burn and only then can I rest. I call upon Ptra, Phakth, and Asaph; watch over my beloved, and grant me the strength to complete my will." - Ankhmakis upon seeing Queen Alifha's burning body

There's a lot more to this that I am working on, for example:
    The Queen is called the Jewel of the Desert, one of the most beautiful women in the land, who was a stern follower of the Gods and didn't want to be corrupted in their eyes, so she took her own life.
    The Gods, seeing this act of purity, imbued Ankhmakis with great power to see him complete his quest.
    There's some other bits too.

Ankhmakis will be modelled suitably impressively, wielding the Blade of Eternities (sword of swift slaying) and his Armour of the Emerald (armour of destiny).
    He will be shouting into the sky, invoking the names of the Gods.

The symbol of Viridopolis is the Ankh, symbolising Eternal Life and Creation. They bear banners of green, yet again symbolising life and creation.

Should be a funky looking army.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 11-18-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I like this. Inspiring me to come up with some proper background for my Nordland force.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Cheers mon. Always good to get feedback.

Awesome. It's always fun making a story for your army , gives the game some weight I find. I like the city being shrouded idea. Very 'The Mummy' movie :-)

Chapter-Master

Welcome to squarebasing! I told you you'd enjoy it.

I can't wait to see the pictures!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbladder View Post
    Awesome. It's always fun making a story for your army , gives the game some weight I find. I like the city being shrouded idea. Very 'The Mummy' movie :-)
    Did take some inspiration from that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Welcome to squarebasing! I told you you'd enjoy it.

I can't wait to see the pictures!
    I love creative writing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-15 23.01.05.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	6038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-15 23.01.22.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	6039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-15 23.01.31.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	6040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-15 23.01.37.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	6041

Prince Amunratep
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 12-16-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Name:	2013-12-16 12.07.57.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	6042

Ushabti

Name:	2013-12-16 12.08.10.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	6043

Chariot friends of Amunratep

Name:	2013-12-16 12.08.14.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	6044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-16 12.08.20.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	6045

The statues of Viridopolis march to war
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 12-16-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Name:	2013-12-16 12.08.32.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	6046

He will probably end up being King Ankhmakis

Name:	2013-12-16 12.08.56.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	6047

A pile o' Tomb Guard

Name:	2013-12-16 12.09.01.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	6048

My horsemen, who need to be magnetised.

Name:	2013-12-16 12.09.06.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	6049

Archers
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 12-16-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Attachment 6050

My stalkers of the Desert

Attachment 6051

Cheeky Tomb Swarms

Attachment 6052

My big block o' Warriors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast