BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbuddy42 View Post
    Two points that stand out for me then.
    #1 In my opinion dream lists are not subject to other lists. You love the models and the force they create. You will face anyone and everyone in them. A dream list, to me, says "I'm going to have fun no matter what."
    #2 Play-test-proxy! Set up situations that are "not" optimal for your forces. Run a squad of 20 daemonettes at a flamer unit. See how well your heralds can maneuver together, how much punishment they can take, and how much they dish out.
    The great thing about Play-Test-Proxy is that you could use a shoebox for a couple hellflayers up against 12 salt shakers for all yu care. Get on a flat surface and roll some dice and take the above recommendations from the other members into consideration.
    Don't have to play test that. Faced burnas in wagons and figured out from that flamers is a bad thing. However due to the mass of vehicles I can reduce the chances of getting flamed unless it is a torrent flame weapon. I get the play testing, but it only really works with army vs army. However in play testing like you said it does help you to figure out what units to stay away from or which units to grin and bear it. Daemons don't like making a ton of saves in general.

Librarian

i know what i tend to do is when i make changes i try to limit my changes to less then 3 units usually 1-2. i notice that these slight tweaks as i refer to them usually help me get a better idea of what my list is doing well and where it is struggling. I'm not one of those people who goes all crazy and says spam spam spam but i do try and go with the idea of redundancy. it can be in 2 of the same unit or it can be replaced with a different slot that does a similar role. An example of this is using drop pod sternguard to pop a tank the turn they land and then from there on out they will focus on taking down infantry. This for me is the same reason why when i take a predator i only use the AC/LC for me its very flexible and does what i need them to do.

First-Captain

With Mono Daemons it is a bit hard to avoid spam due to limited options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12