BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Post Dark Eldar 1850 points help please

Hi i am a very new player and not sure where the advantage lies in Dark eEdar but based on the models i own i have posted this list for review.

Thanks

+ HQ +

* Archon
    (Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    Combat Drugs , Ghostplate Armour , Huskblade , Plasma Grenades, Shadow field , Soul-trap , Venom Blade

* Haemonculus
    (Altered Physique, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    * Haemonculus
    Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier Gun , Scissorhand , Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

* Kabalite Trueborn
    (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    * 5x Trueborn
    2x Splinter Cannon , 3x Splinter Rifle
    * Venom (65pts)
    Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Trueborn
    * 5x Trueborn
    2x Splinter Cannon, 3x Splinter Rifle
    * Venom

* Kabalite Trueborn
    * 5x Trueborn
    2x Splinter Cannon , 3x Splinter Rifle
    * Venom

+ Troops +

* Wracks (Troops)
    (Altered Physique, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    5x Wracks
    * Venom
    (Night Vision)
    Flickerfield, Twin Linked Splinter Rifles

* Wyches
    (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    * Raider
    Dark Lance, Flickerfield
    * 10x Wyches
    10x Haywire grenades , 10x Plasma Grenades, 10x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
    (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
    * Raider
    Dark Lance, Flickerfield
    * 10x Wyches
    10x Haywire grenades, 10x Plasma Grenades, 10x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

+ Fast Attack +

* Reaver Jetbikes
    (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders)
    Heat Lance , 3x Jetbikes

* Reaver Jetbikes
    (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders)
    Heat Lance , 3x Jetbikes

+ Heavy Support +

* Ravager
    (Aerial Assault, Night Vision)
    Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Flickerfield , Nightshield

* Ravager
    (Aerial Assault, Night Vision)
    Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Flickerfield Nightshield

* Voidraven Bomber
    (Deep Strike, Night Vision, Supersonic)
    Flickerfield Implosion Missile x4, Nightshield, 2x Void Lance, Void Mine

Overall looks fine, though you have nowhere for the Archon and Haemy to go unless you drop some troop models. Also, if you're taking the Venom Blade why bother with the Soul Trap? You're already wounding on twos, and S6 isn't all that helpful for ID against most armies. I also wouldn't bothet with Ghostplate. Most things that'll be killing an Archon will have a power weapon, and a 6++ , alone isn't worth that cost.

Also, I'd probably recommend against the Implosion Missiles. They're absurdly expensive, and it's putting a lot of eggs in a fragile basket. They're also at odds with it's anti-vehicle void lances. If you're firing one the other is going to waste. The Void Raven just taken bare (maybe FF/NS) makes a fairly imposing air superiority fighter.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 11-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Brother-Captain

Drop Ghostplate, if your Shadowfield drops the Ghostplate isn't going to save you.

Swap some Trueborn for Warriors, just so you have more scoring units.

You don't actually need Flickerfields any more, we get a 5+ Jink save just for moving. It is nice to have against Ignores Cover I suppose... but you'll save 40pts by dropping them. I guess keep them unless there's anything else that comes up.

I think it would be better to unite the Reavers into one squad. That way they're less likely to flee, and you're going to want to fire both Heat Lances at one target anyway, one shot just isn't likely to do the job. It also means you can take more casualties before losing the Heat Lances. If you have the points spare at the end, an Arena Champion is nice for the Ld boost and ability to take a Venom Blade just in case you need it. Not necessary though, just nice to have.

I'm uh... not really sure where the Haemonculus is going. Maybe give the Wracks a Raider instead and give them a Liquifier Gun too, that way you can double-template them. It also gives you room to add a couple more Wracks if you can. If not, there isn't much point in taking them at all as you're paying a fair few points for the Haemonculus to unlock the Wracks as Troops. If you aren't going to make use of their special gear, they ought as well be Warriors or Wyches and not have to pay for a Haemonculus for the privilege.

Come to think of it I don't know where the Archon is going either. Drop a Wych to make room for him I guess.

Definitely don't take Implosion Missiles. They're so expensive, crazily so. Flickerfields are great on flyers though, as it means you don't have to evade for the save, so keep them on there.

I like the overall idea of the the list, but as you can see there are a lot of points wasted on stuff, so many that you could probably get a whole extra unit in there by dropping them. The Implosion Missiles alone cost as much as a new unit, then the other points you can shave off should buy them a transport.

Flicker Fields are still worth considering because you never know if you're going first or second, plus a cover save won't help in CC.

As to more scoring bodies, just by dropping the Implosion missiles that'll free up a lot of points to buy more troop models. Maybe upgrade one unit of Wracks to 9 in a Raider and put the Archon there.

A fun trick i like is to give the wyches shardnets and the archon a clone field. It's cheaper than the shadow field, just watch out for challenges. If you have the ability, try and add a troops choice. Troop choices help you win, or contest, a lot of objectives. Having more troops is always good in an easily shot up army. I can't tell from your list, but give those Trueborn some blasters. Then you can link the reaver squads together, as mentioned above, and drop the heatlances for cluster caltrops. Heat lances are suicide in my opinion. I've always had great luck with caltrops. Other than that just have fun and play test units. You can even test against yourself for practice. Just play both sides. Have fun.