BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 293 of 338 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3377

I've never been a fan of Archaeon. I'm really pissed they didn't go with Valkia as a starting legendary lord, CA have been really ****ing lazy in that regard. Even Kislev references Katarina but the actual faction leader is some guy because they couldn't even be arsed providing a portrait for her. Same with Nuln and the Elector Countess. Every other ****ing Elector Count is there but her.

Sounds like it yep.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah civilisations always managed it. It does seem a bit ridiculous when the people already exist in the background.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Now I feel bad I only got an hour in. But in my defense, I was also starting up Far Harbor after stripping out over half of my mods (down to like 40, and holy smokes, the game looked beautiful to me when it first came out, but doesn't compare to how awesome I had it looking with textures and greenery). And being distracted mightily by a friend, because trying to listen to someone on Skype when their mic sounds awful is not easy when you're also trying to listen to instructions in-game.

Still, it was a pretty fun hour. Went with Orcs, because Orcs are da' best, Grimgor especially, and kicked a few tails, grabbed another area already, feeling reasonable about things.

I do have to still chuckle that in the behind-the-scenes video there's an early shot of an Undead miniatures army with a Mantic skeleton unit in it. Mantic was quick to point that out on their Facebook page. Not sure GW will be happy about that.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Yup, like until now they have been able to hide behind 'historical accuracy' (which is problematic in itself in games which are all about rewriting history if you want), but now you have a situation where they have deliberately erased powerful women who are in the game just because they were too lazy to create some portraits and get the lady voice actresses to record a few more lines. It's even worse for VC where they have the hero portraits and in game models but couldn't manage to put some ****ing female vampire lords in.

I'm half expecting to get elf DLC where they ****ing include Malekith and Lokhir Felheart vs Finubar and Tyrion, instead of Morathi and Alarielle.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah I'm sure that went down well at GWHQ Erik. Though having a link to the webstore on the launcher was kinda a good idea, I wonder how the proportion of players are split between warhammer fans and non warhammer but total war fans.

I'm not familiar enough with Elf lore to be familiar with those names. But I can guess what you're getting at. Probably right.

I don't like Mantic skellingtons, their zombies are nice though. I doubt GW will care overmuch.

Fair enough lol. Finubar is the High Elf Phoenix Lord and Alarielle is the Everqueen, they should be the legendary lords for HE (plus others potentially) and the same for Malekith and Morathi for DE.

Chapter-Master

So you don't want generic Dragon prince #3?

If some of them are girls sure.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-25-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Chapter-Master

that typo took me a few seconds to work out. conjured up all sorts of alternatives.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master