BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 329 of 338 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

lmao

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Don't forget the newest FO4 DLC should be playable today. Time to torture some vault dwellers...

Imma build the nicest vault when I get home.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Just installed it

Chapter-Master

lol, see you all in another week then ;p
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

I've been practising on shelter

Banned

[URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16817/?"]This makes me really mad[/URL] >.<

What this mod does: Removes some conditions so the female sole survivor is addressed as a war veteran, and unblocks her related dialogue. Also adds a small change to the terminal in Fraternal Post 115 (if playing as a female), removes all references of her being a lawyer, and adds slight changes to other dialogue you probably won't notice unless you start a new game.

What this mod doesn't do: Unfortunately it does NOT remove the intro video, as I don't know how to do that.

Long description:

It bothered me that a lawyer was able to immediately walk out of the vault after a nuclear apocalypse and, after the recent shock of losing their spouse and child, single handedly kill a fairly large group of raiders, know how to use power armor, kill a deathclaw, and be able to remain calm while doing all of that. I didn't buy the excuse that other people used by saying Nate was able to just bring home some high tech military weapons and power armor so he could show his wife how to use it just for fun, which besides being completely ridiculous, doesn't explain how a non-combatant is able to keep cool in the middle of intense firefights in which she is usually extremely outnumbered.

It also bothered me that it seems Bethesda was unsure what they wanted the female Sole Survivor to be (The lookout robot says she is a lawyer, but Nate says she'll "have to dust of [her] law degree," implying she has not been using it for a long time, if at all. Bethesda also has lines of her saying she is an army combat veteran, and she says the first line of the speech at the Fraternal Post). Because of all this I just role played that she was a veteran as well (easy to do since her pre-war job is only mentioned once), and after nine months I found out that her dialogue saying she was a veteran is simply made hidden by a few conditions in the Creation Kit. I removed those conditions. I also made some other slight changes including:

-Removed conditions so female Sole Survivor says her army veteran lines.

-Made slight edits to dialogue and voice files, replacing "You're going to knock 'em dead tonight" to " We're going to knock 'em dead tonight," and also deleting "you'll have to dust off your law degree" and changing "I'll have to rejoin the civilian workforce" to "We'll have to rejoin the civilian workforce."

-Made slight edits to the terminal in the Fraternal Post 115 (if playing as female) to reflect the above change in dialogue.

-Removed law degree from pre-war player house.
    Not that it exists of course, quite the opposite, but that it has to exist.

Guess just have to stick to my headcanon of "studied law, joined army, left army and was going to practice law"

Chapter-Master

I always assumed she'd been in the army as well. I thought the PC was always the veteran and the partner was the lawyer. I must have missed the dialogue somewhere.

Totes installing that when Iget home too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I always assumed she'd been in the army as well. I thought the PC was always the veteran and the partner was the lawyer. I must have missed the dialogue somewhere.
    Like the quote says, Bethesda didn't seem sure what to do with her. It's certainly easy to read it as she studied law before joining up and is going back to that, but then she isn't invited in her own right to the veterans dinner, but that could be because she was in a different unit or something who knows. But everyone refers to her as a lawyer rather than a soldier. Kind of pissed they actually recorded dialog for her being a soldier.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

It's all very vague about Nora's military involvement.

Like playing as either Nora or Nate, the comment is that Nate is going to the veteran's hall to speak, and that the law degree on the shelf is Nora's.

When you meet the Mr Handy under the USS Constitution he identifies Nora as a lawyer and Nate as a soldier.

However Nora makes at least two references to having been a soldier in dialogue, one about being used to trekking through water and another in relation to being used to following orders when talking to someone in the BoS.

Just annoying that it's like... still really ambiguous? Like if it had been that whoever you choose is the vet and the other is the lawyer that'd be fine. But we get to hear all about Nate's unit and that he's a decorated hero and things, but Nora's degree or war service is hardly mentioned, even if you are playing as her (for instance Nate has a terminal entry mentioned in the mod above, but none for Nora).

Would have been nice like if you could find something about her degree or work or something specific to her, so irritating that they cut out lines that did.