BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 218 of 338 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3377

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I bet you'd get better value spending that £40 on steam sale items.
    For my XBox, I've gotten some solid games, like Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock Infinite (saving me having to buy it somewhere to complete my collection), Tomb Raider, and some others I can't recall at the moment.

Given that I'm already spending the $60/year on the online service for my XBox, I think those are nice extras. You can debate if they're free or not, but eh, it's something I wasn't getting before.

PS3/4 deal is similar, and I believe has also had nice games.

On the PC vs console thing... I built my PC for maybe $1000 at the time (could have been a bit less), which is quite a bit less than a grand across the pond. Threw in a good bit of RAM, eight core processor, all that fun, and a nice video card not just to run games, but also to run two monitors at once. I learned the value of a potent PC from my job, so I definitely wanted to have a good one at home.

I've got a lot of games for PC as well as my consoles. The funny thing is, most games on consoles, at least the popular ones, are also available on PC. (Really, the only reason a game wouldn't be on PC is if the producer or distributor is just wanting to flip the bird to PC gamers). You can often run them at higher graphics settings, too. In my Steam library, I have the latest three Elder Scrolls games, Saints Row 2-4, Batman: Arkham Asylum & City, Dead Island, various FEAR games, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Mortal Kombat Kollection, Risen 1 and 2, Metro 2033 and Last Light, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dragon Age: Inquisition, NBA 2K15, and Torchlight II, all of which are also available on consoles (some of those I have on both systems due to various things like getting games in sale bundles, stuff like that). If I want to play them like on a console, I can just use my XBox 360 controller that plugs into a PC via USB.

I could also list a load of awesome games on my PC that aren't available on consoles. And quite a lot that wouldn't work on consoles (hello, RTS's!).

That said, I do enjoy my XBox 360 and my ability to just flop on the couch (or stand, depending on the game) while playing a game on my big TV screen. And I don't feel so bad about replacing the 360 in the near future with an XB1, because I can play my 360 games on it starting later this year.

So, good points and bad on both sides. Nice to have both, but maybe not so cheap.

Chapter-Master

Not a minecraft fan but wow

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Arkham Knight being called the worst PC launch ever, bunch of retails no longer selling it and offering no conditions refunds.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm a console fiend because fundamentally, I'm quite a lazy person.

Buy console - good for X years. No need to upgrade (though I did embiggen my PS3's HDD), and can play any game released for that console.

Minimum fuss involved. Could I build a PC just as/more powerful for roughly the same dollar? Probs. I dunno. Can't be bothered to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Arkham Knight being called the worst PC launch ever, bunch of retails no longer selling it and offering no conditions refunds.
    I really hope the developer takes action against the porting company.

Arkham Knight is a truly excellent game - and it's reputation will now be forever marred by this unfortunate event.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Someone did a thing where they built a PC that could match PS4 and they did it for three hundred pounds I think it was. Spend double that and you get a Pc that will be good for another whole console generation probly. Even people in teh industry saying the new console generation is only marginally better than the previous and its holding back gaming standards.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

It's amazing the port has been so badly botched considering the current consoles are apparently using PC architecture.

Apparently they outsourced it to some tiny console game company. I'm betting they won't be around much longer. If its true 1mil+ Pc copies have been returned Rocksteady might not be around much longer lol.

I wonder if you can take out insurance against such events?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

it seems to work fine though