BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 237 of 338 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

I spent the weekend wandering the wilds doing random quests and slaying monsters, highly addictive.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

apparently theres a cave of trolls that are voiced by Dodger and Jesse Cox

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

who?

I have encountered a troll who joined the army. he was instructed to defend some fishing boats the soldiers had commandeered. he had no wood to build a wall, and didn't want to leave the boats unattended to fetch some. so he used the boats themselves...

Chapter-Master

Youtubers

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

ok...

[URL="http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/22/gta-6-release-date-features-news-and-maps-updates/13132"]Rumours[/URL] flying around apparently saying Rockstar Games are going to include a female protagonist in GTA6. On one hand yay, on the other hand they will probably **** it up given that the writers have consistently shown they have no idea how to write women.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It'll be cool. They'll getting in Frank Miller; you know, someone with a history of writing strong female characters.

Actually, thinking about it, Miller probably does write female characters better than the people at Rockstar. And that's not remotely close to praising him.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Sadly I agree. I'd like to think Rockstar would do the sensible, professional thing and hire if not some women writers a feminism consultant and actually listen to her.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Sadly I agree. I'd like to think Rockstar would do the sensible, professional thing and hire if not some women writers a feminism consultant and actually listen to her.
    The money spent on a consultant wouldn't be made back in game sales, so no, that will never happen. If women are gonna be represented better they need to have an all woman company or something.

You're actually trusting Rockstar to treat women decently? Even if she's a "strong female character," she'll still be an abhorrent human being in some way, which likely means something along the lines of using her body to distract and torture people or something. Unless they actually get GTA6 to have better characters, that is.

The one thing that made me shy away from GTA5 was that the "protagonists" (rather incorrect term for them, really) were all horrible people without really having any redeeming qualities. That doesn't interest me in the slightest. Crime for crime's sake... meh. Step above Hatred, but that's not saying much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Moral Brigade with games, I loved the Saints Row series. But in that series, you had a young kid join a gang and take over but so nasty that his old friends tried to kill him, then you have to rebuild your empire in SR2 (while seeking a measure of revenge, and all the while the game is poking a bit of fun at the crime stuff), then in SR3 you've leveraged your position to become pop culture icons with all kinds of business ventures (and have to fight another corporate "gang"), and then in SR4 you're having to save the world from aliens (after fighting terrorists to open the game). Yeah, it gets sillier as time goes on, which is part of the charm, but most importantly, all the stuff they did wasn't just crime for crime's sake. (SR4 does, however, poke at the player for all the people they've run down on the sidewalk or killed with a stray missile in a gunfight.)