BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 224 of 338 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

for which?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Mordheim? if theres some sort of campaign, league setting where we can get the warbands to actually accrue experience and skills and whatnot

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

that I would be up for. I suck at chess, so regicide is a no

Chapter-Master

lols.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I have spent this weekend playing World of Warships. very satisfying when it goes well. today I had a game where my destroyer sank four of the eight enemy ships single handed with torpedoes. and another where my cruiser held off four ships alone, sinking three of them before succumbing, giving the rest of my team time to sink the other four, and swing round to finish off my last.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I have spent this weekend playing World of Warships. very satisfying when it goes well. today I had a game where my destroyer sank four of the eight enemy ships single handed with torpedoes. and another where my cruiser held off four ships alone, sinking three of them before succumbing, giving the rest of my team time to sink the other four, and swing round to finish off my last.
    looks neat, gonna give it a try as well - I still fondly remember playing NavyField some 10 years ago, which was pretty much the same game, only top-down. Hella fun as well.
    For something similar in space, I'll just drop a quick recommendation for Fractured Space - really good looking Capital Ship battles, and while it's in Early Acces, the Devs are both active update wise, and communicate a lot with the players, so it's the good kind if Early Access.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Fifa is always improving, it is inevitable in an annual series like that that just needs tweaks. I enjoyed 14 and will be picking up 16.
    Had time on the way home, stopped in at GameStop, picked up FIFA 15, came home, gave it a try... Pretty fun game. I like that in the career mode it has skill practice that actually tells you what to do and lets you work at it. Pretty simple game play, once you get the hang of it. Not knowing the rules of the game, I also messed up a couple times, but learned to watch for things like the yellow flag indicating I'll get a penalty if they pass the ball to me where I am. I'm certain I'll get a good number of hours out of it.

I'm just bummed they don't have Armada FC in there. Guess it's in a "minor" league. But hey, it's my home town team, so if I had a chance, I'd definitely play them.

Chapter-Master

yeah I downloaded Fractured Space, it was free one weekend on Steam. not tried it yet though.

I did try the Elite demo on Xbox One, and the tutorial was pointless. tells you to destroy some barrels, but gives you no clue as to the buttons. that in itself was ok, I looked them up and started firing, but after burning through five magazines of ammo against the first barrel, and it still not breaking, I stopped.

Fifa is great fun. plus it is a free kick for being offside, not a penalty

I've started playing Craft the World,its a fantasy crafting and citybuilding sim where you use dwarfs to build whatever you want starting completely from scratch. It's really addictive and really good. you need to craft things to research technology and every 45 minutes you get attacked by monsters and stuff.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fifa is great fun. plus it is a free kick for being offside, not a penalty
    I think it just uses the yellow flag marker to help indicate any time when you're in danger of doing something wrong. It's helpful, too, because sometimes the camera angle doesn't make it that easy to tell where you are in relation to other players (which seems to be what offsides is about?).