BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 294 of 338 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3377

Lol, fixed it, stupid lack of sleep.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

lack of sleep, or awesomeness?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Both.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

excellent

A few Total Warhammer reviews have made the point that this is the best TW game since Shogun 2, and gone on to say that this is a fairly low bar to reach but Warhammer is genuinely excellent. This is really amusing to me because I thought Shogun 2 was the weakest in the series, I put a tenth of the hours into it than I did most of the others, I found it really repetitive and boring.

Chapter-Master

Rome and Medieval are the only ones I put any time in to personally

Chapter-Master

While I've been back to shogun 2 recently its still never caught me like older totalwar games. Medieval -viking invasion and Rome are probably my most played by far.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Still waiting for a Total War : Mythos myself.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I don't like Mantic skellingtons, their zombies are nice though. I doubt GW will care overmuch.

Fair enough lol. Finubar is the High Elf Phoenix Lord and Alarielle is the Everqueen, they should be the legendary lords for HE (plus others potentially) and the same for Malekith and Morathi for DE.
    Sad as that would be in your regard, my money for High Elf Legends is the twins. They are simply the most well-known and fleshed out - did Finubar ever even appear in the TT or do anything warlike in the lore? I know Alarielle did, but "only"/mainly in the last edition Army Book iirc? While T&T have been around forliterallyever.
    Dark Elves have to be Malekith and Morathi though, otherwise I'll declare Total War on Total War alongside you
    Also, Wood Elves totally need to be a thing as well, just because of all the awesome units (Wardances, animated in that engine? yeeeeeeesplease!)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

I may have made a mistake playing chaos.
    I appear to have overstretched myself building a second army, and not razing everytown behind me. The greed of the sacking got me.
    Also I think I've seen what I assume is Karl Fritz? on the campaign map. I'm going to get my arse handed me in the near future.

Fought two big city attacks last night.
    Walls of Praag. Pain in the arse. Archers range seems ridiculous.
    Going over the walls with ladders just got me mobbed by superior numbers.
    Battering ram just got my forces decimated by archers.
    using a limited section of wall and ladders got me the walls, but the archers had done that much damage it was impossible to push off into the city.
    Finally took the city by using archeon to fireball the gates till they popped while everyone else stood in the woods. Then charged the entire army through that gap. Made the mistake of prematurely charging Archeon in while everyone else was still in the woods. He died just before the end of the battle. One on one superiority of chaos warriors/chosen meant I managed to get into the city. But being outnumbered 2-1 with about a third bowmen/handgunners the casualties were horrific.
    I won by objective capture but army was reduced to about two hundred.

Mistakenly attacked Kislev with my weaker force. Had a go with siege towers.
    First tower only made it half way to the walls. Second tower made it. Threw everyone through it onto the walls. More effective than ladders.
    But these were three units of chosen and the rest marauders. While they pushed the enemy off the wall section they were massacred by artillary fire and handgunners and the chosen were pushed off by four or five units of greatswords.
    The battle ended up being that slaaneshi prince fighting all the remaining enemy infantry on top of the wall.

Lessons learned? Don't point marauders at any static defences not just dwarves.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness