BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 133 of 338 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3377

Me too, and me too. Whether or not she has done what she has been accused of the fact is most people are just using it as an excuse to bash her as a prominent feminist in the game industry, the irony being she only became prominent because of the harassment she received over her game. Seen lots of comments like 'This is why I don't like feminists' which are so ironic given how these people will scream 'NOT ALL MEN' whenever someone raises an issue of sexism but when some feminist is alleged to have done some ****ty things all of a sudden it is ok to tar every feminist with the same brush.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

o.O
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

wonder how many times that was reloaded.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

recently picked up Crusader Kings 2 (at full price two days before it went into the [URL="https://www.humblebundle.com/"]HumbleBundle[/URL] argh) - anyone else play that?
    For those who don't, it's a really fun medieval Grand Strategy game. Basically, you pick a ruler (from a "lowly" Count up to Emperor level) and a start date (1066 is the earliest in the basic game, expansions have pushed that back to eighthundredsomething and will push it further back) and then (try to) lead his (or sometimes even her) dynasty to greatness, conquering neighbours, assassinating rivals and mainly worrying about that plucky vassal of yours that keeps throwing weird looks at your throne.
    Started my first playthrough as William the Conqueror, freshly crowned King of England. Fought some Scots for Cumberland, took a few bites out of Wales, lost Maine to France but who cares, stomped a few vassals and made friends with some others, among them a certain Duke Morcar of Northumberland and freshly also York (man he loved me after that...). Then I died.
    So my son took over, who was a bit of a jerk. As such, he (or I) wasn't all that popular with the Vassals. That guy Morcar, whom my father had granted this enormous amount of land? He totally hated me, and he alone was almost half as powerful as I. And then there were my two brothers, who (perhaps understandably) wanted my crown. Long story short, I spent more time fighting Englishmen than anyone else pretty much, but was quite successful doing that. After the third major rebellion, they started to realize that maybe they should respect me... So I looked outwards again, conquered all of Wales and put a second crown on my head, took various pieces of Scotland who were very busy with their own rebellions and even went on the First Crusade (which failed, mostly because the French didn't join). Then my brothers came looking for another beating, I obliged. Then I died again, surely one of the greater, if not one of the more popular kings in Christianity (even got excommunicated a couple of times...).
    So then again a son took over. Oh boy... There isn't really that good of a way to influence how good or bad your heir will be, which is completely fine with me. But... Well he was a craven, fat, cruel, gay, possessed heretic. Which led to every single one of my vassals totally hating me and rebelling... and then the Holy Roman Empire even went all Holy War on me and conquered the entire South-East. At my full power from the last ruler, I sure would have given them a good run for their money, but as it was I was completely lost... But had a ton of fun in the process
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Occuli Imperator

CK2 I am waiting on my new pc instead
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

been waiting for ages for the XCOM expansion Enemy Within to come down in price on the 360, hasn't dropped at all, still £20. Steam sale, first and second game with dlc on PC, £8. aah go on then.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    been waiting for ages for the XCOM expansion Enemy Within to come down in price on the 360, hasn't dropped at all, still £20. Steam sale, first and second game with dlc on PC, £8. aah go on then.
    yeah XCOM is great, and Enemy Within makes it even better. And then there's The Long War, a mod that takes it to a completely new level of awesome (pretty much doubles the content - twice as many classes, boatloads of weapons, missions get way harder, campaign gets waaaay longer, relevant and interesting air combat and so on and so forth). Anyone who enjoyed XCOM on PC should really take a good look at that mod I think...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

aah, might take a look.

nope, that seems like waaaaay too much hassle.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-24-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

So spent saturday hammering away at Just Cause 2 on hardcore difficulty setting. Sad to say its not really that difficult still.
    Also the mile high club is only 850m high ¬_¬

- - - Updated - - -

Also its very pretty with everything turned up to full on the settings.... That water...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness