BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 185 of 338 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3377
    First-Captain

how does it compare to X3? (I'll just forget Reunion, as is best done...) From a quick skim of the wiki it looks like it's generally more "modern" with a couple more features (yay mulitplayer), but no personal fleet or capital ships?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

It's clearly the same style. I prefer the jump system and supercruise over the speeding up time of X3. There's a lot of similarity. Cargoes are smaller, but so are prices (this is my initial impression for about 15-20 hours play) There's a lot less random attacks/easier to escape so far but that could be my location/cargo I'm carrying. though there is an interdiction mechanic where they pull you out of supercruise. There's a fuel mechanic which I know X3 only had for the jumpdrive. Ship weight matters for fuel use/jump distance.
    Binary stars are also annoying as they sometimes mess up your hyperspace jump and damage you. The galaxy is immensely bigger, but I'm not sure how big the populated part is.
    Don't think there's any aliens, at least I haven't seen anything to suggest there are any yet.
    I think some of the biggest ships might be considered small capital ships I'm not sure I've not seen anything bigger than a T7 transport yet in game.
    If it was a steam game I'd say wait, but obviously as a stand alone it might be better getting in early - who knows how long the servers will be up for? if they'll ever discount it?
    It's the exploration I've bought it for. I'm just space trucking till I can afford the equipment I want to explore properly.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

a video about Unity 5 shown at GDC. not massively interesting, but it does show footage from Mordheim and 40k Regicide

[url]http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/03/03/gdc-2015-unity-5-highlight-reel[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Another ED update from last night.

The game is full of sci fi film references. Tannhauser gate, wolf 359, lv 426, omicron persei, vulcan, geaorge lucas station, kahn station, and I saw "Fort Harrison" yesterday which might be a play on Harrison Ford...

Also long distance runs of rare commodities is the way to make money early game.

Chapter-Master

BTW I hate White Dwarf stars. When you jump towards them you always exit hyperspace too fast and have to take immediate avoidance action or take damage...

So do you have a character as such or just a ship?

Edit: Nevermind googled it, you can have a woman pilot, yay! Might check this out, looks like you can't use keyboard and mouse? Will have to dig out gamepad thing.
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-06-2015 at 04:57 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

You can use keyboard and mouse.
    I don't remember ever having the choice, but essentially you're a pair of legs if you view downwards, and a name on a menu screen.

Might check it out, been waiting for a good space exploration trading game like this that isn't EVE.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'm playing it solo, so while you're technically online and the galaxy information is updated, you don't have real people to deal with.

I approve of that. It's only forty pounds, shall get it. Having a look at the quick start guides, a lot of stuff about how to control your ship and such, not so much about what to do with it to make moneys yet heh.