BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 286 of 338 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

>_<
    Yeah technically the same. Boxes fit under there so well.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I still haven't gotten around to playing all of my 360 games.

Funny thing about my XBox One... most of the games I have for it I got free. Either through Games For Gold or EA Vault (FIFA 16 just became available, downloaded that last night). Granted, those games are also ones I'm "behind the times" on, but eh... I'm okay unless it's multiplayer-based. Or relies on it (looking at you, Mass Effect 3!).

On that note... I didn't have an XBox One until last August, so didn't get Sunset Overdrive when it was new. Heard some good stuff, added it to my Amazon wishlist, kind of forgot about it. Then it came up on Games For Gold, and I've been enjoying the heck out of it this week. It's fun to run, jump, and "grind" all around a city, and the game does more fourth-wall-breaking than even Deadpool. Like when the main character says to a guy, "I've got plenty of guns, look," and points to the weapon wheel popping up on screen. Or references to the music playing, the dialogue, other stuff. The dialogue's pretty funny, too. Maybe it's "cheesy" but I liked the "automated" voice in a facility talking about how pointless and repetitive it is to repeat the same procedure three times to complete the quest, and when you finally finish, it says something like, "Okay, my job here is done. Peace out, *****es." I regret not playing it sooner. But especially as it hides some stuff behind multiplayer, and given the game's age, there's not really anyone playing multiplayer, so I can't unlock some of the stuff in-game. Meh. But I do get a complete game in single-player mode for plenty of hours' fun. Take that, Battlefront!

Chapter-Master

control scheme for the new Star Fox Zero is a nightmare. I knew it included a mix of sticks and motion controls, and takes a few hours to get used to, but wow. Arwing is ok, getting the hang of that, but the other vehicles are terrible, a game like Star Fox really needs slick, responsive controls and the gyrowing and chicken walker just don't have them.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Glad I only bought Animal crossing happy home designer this weekend instead

Brother-Captain

Zoombinis has had a remake! It's pretty much the same game but with updated graphics. Other than the shape of the zoombini's head changing I haven't noticed any differences.

Apparently a few decades of life experience doesn't make the Fleens any easier to get past either.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

I assume we have plenty of other total war players in here.
    Am I doing something particularly wrong or are the units in Shogun2 just weak in terms of morale than previous games?
    Men at arms, roman legionaries, British redcoats could all be thrown into pretty much anything and would stand in my experience.
    Sword samurai? Break and run with only a third casualties. Run from spearmen. One straggler gets caught in the open? Entire unit "attacked in flank" panic.

Am I going to be better served by throwing archers at everything with a minimal screen of supporting troops?

Chapter-Master

I had that issue. Opening mission was going well, three units charged survivors barely a third their number. Then my whole army broke and ran
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

never got into Shogun... not because of the setting, but because the complete lack of unit variety made the tactical battles so incredibly boring for me... I mean, there was what (might be completely wrong btw, it's been a while...)? Swords, Elite Swords, Bigger Elite Swords. Spears, Elite Spears. Archers, Elite Archers. Cavalry, Elite Cavalry. And that was about it... oh and one "Super Elite" variant per faction that just had a boring old stat increase? yaaaawwwwwwn... I'll take Medieval2 (still my favourite overall) or Rome2 any day of the week, cool scenario for Shogun or not.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

So I've figured you need to autoresolve. And you need to own a good chunk of the trade points. The only way to achieve anything.
    I ended up invading the main island with four armies, quickly captured a dozen provinces then negotiated a peace treaty which should give me ten turns to rebuild the armies and refill my coffers(upgrading the roads to keep reinforcements coming isn't cheap) The only problem is I think if I take any more land the shogun will decide I'm a threat and then my two allies will attack my peaceful rear where I only have one army precisely to hold my immediate neighbour, but it won't do that if they concentrate their forces.
    I do miss the tactical game though, but what can you do when it's so broken?

First-Captain

is a WAAAAAAAAAGHgasm an appropriate response to this?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans