BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 296 of 338 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3377

Ulthuan is pretty big:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Ah. I suppose I must never have seen it comparitively with the rest of the olde and new worlde. Is it divided into nine or twelve provinces or something? (the last time I paid any attention was the releases in the early 200 WD in the nineties I think)

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Finished my Empire playthrough last night, controlled everything north of the Grey Mountains and west of the Black mountains right up to the border of Norsca and the Chaos wastes, plus a bit of the border kingdoms and western Bretonnia. Much fun.
    Started a dorf playthrough, enjoying them a lot as well. so tough. Things were looking really bad at one point when Grimgor attacked my main army with afull stack of 20 units vs my 15 or so, which was 6 warriors, 6 quarrelers, 2 catapult things and Thorgrim Whatsisname, the power bar thing was about 75% red so I thought I was going to lose but I actually stomped them good and proper and killed Grimgor. Dwarfs is tough. They hit the middle of my line hard but I was able to flank them with my remaining units and the center held because dwarfs and I just ignored the orc arrer boys and routed the regular boys and used quarrelers to shoot the shooters.I really like the Book of Grudges mechanic as well, I lost a small garrison army a couple of times and when I retook the settlement I got an extra 1000 gold which was nice.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

When you're starting a new game, it labels Empire, Orcs, and VC as "Normal," Chaos as "Hard," and Dwarfs as "Easy." I'm not sure why so many people are surprised Dwarfs are pulling off victories. Though they might still end up tweaking them a bit if it keeps going.

I'm wondering what a CPU-controlled Dwarf hold will be like. Have to deal with other greenskins first, then I'll set my eyes on the Dwarfs.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

I've only been playing Total War games since I was like 10, I do know what the difficulty labels mean and how to change them. CPU Dwarfs are pretty tough, they did well in my VC game and very very well in my Empire game.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've only been playing Total War games since I was like 10, I do know what the difficulty labels mean and how to change them. CPU Dwarfs are pretty tough, they did well in my VC game and very very well in my Empire game.
    damn thats a long time, you must be really happy to finally get a warhammer based one then!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Actually it was 12 hehe, couldn't remember when Shogun Total War came out. But yes, very happy with it in general, one of the best Total War games.

So, Vampire counts are much more fun as a more experienced player. Expanded MUCH more quickly, claimed the Moot and Averland but missed out on Wissenland because the Empire confederated them the turn after I declared war. A bit miffed because their army was up attacking Ostermark so I could have taken Nuln easily. Conquest is slowed because I haven't been able to spread corruption effectively, that is starting to change a little now that I'm able to build higher tiered corruption spreading things and the last thing I did last night was build the thing which lets me recruit Banshees who spread corruption quite effectively so shall be sending them into Empire provinces forthwith.

Occuli Imperator

Just got BotF running on Win10.

So amaze
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Shiney Wolfie?

Got the short campaign victory on TW:WH.
    Lost my second army again. I'm sticking to a single stack now as just can't be arsed to have to worry about looting enough to offset 7k losses a turn. Now I can just raze everything.
    Just got the Dwarf to worry about now.
    Figured out a reasonable way to take dwarf holds. 5x hell cannons. Deployed at back of deployment area at far end to minimise return fire. Target the two towers that will be range of the army first.
    Then demolish two sections of wall and the gates. And then you'll have about half a dozen shots to hit any ranged units on the walls near your breach.
    Then push through all three holes at once with chosen. Once you've cleared the gaps push cavalry through the back streets to use where necessary.
    Usually <200 casualties. Often <100.

So yesterday I started farharbour.
    I'm only in the early 80s level wise. Some of the creatures hit hard. The only thing keeping me alive is my explosive pistol, but I'm going through 10mm ammo so fast I'm back into double figures. On the other hand the price of the cooked animals is offsetting the cost of ammo.

But I finally won on one of those crane things

And my friend uploaded this which made me lol.

And then I loaded my game what do I find?

It's a conspiracy! They're coming to get us!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness