BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 295 of 338 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3377

To be fair, Praag should be hard to take. Premature charging seems like something Archaeon would do.

Speaking of Archaon, I killed him well ded with Karl Franz in personal combat last night. Turns out a well trained and armoured Empire army is a lot tougher than a mid game level VC army, who'd have thought. Destroyed the WoC faction, which has left the Norsca as the main irritation. I had to take Karl Franz and Balthazar Gelts armies south through Blackfire Pass to stop the Dwarfs being stomped by Orcs which was a pain, Orc armies are really frustratingly fast, can't catch them which makes fighting them challenging. But it took pressure of the stunties and they seem to be recovering.

I managed to make peace with one of the Norsca factions, Varg, but the bloody Skuggins or whatever they are called are causing all sorts of trouble. Somehow they managed to become the second ranked strongest nation after me and had like 6 full stacks in the field, even manaked to sneak one down the West coast and besiege Marianburg which I was able to save thankfully. I'd just spent 13500 gold building the marianburg port so I would have been pissed to lose it. I've counter attacked with two full stacks of experienced, hardened men (hurhur) and started burning their settlements but attrition is such that I can't reach most of their settlements before my armies are in no shape to fight which sucks. I kind of think without WoC to motivate them they shouldn't be so aggressive or able to field so many large armies at once.

VC managed to expand into the ruins of the Kislev provinces while I was occupied which is annoying, but I'm still much stronger than them so hopefully I will be able to deal with them once the Stunted Ones are secure and I won't have to worry about greenskins flooding my southern provinces (hur).

I also discovered that some cities have unique buildings so I now have:
    The Port of Marianburg
    The Port of Erengrad
    The Altdorf College of Sparkly Nerds
    The Knights Panther HQ in Carroburg
    The Gunner School at Nuln
    The Big Temple Thing of Ulric at Middenheim
    Which all came with achievements which was nice.

There is a mod in steam workshop which removed race restrictions on settlements which I don't actually like the idea of, but I want some permanent ****ing solution to the bloody Skeggling norscans.

I'm thinking I'll play Dwarfs next.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Dorfs are fun, your front line just does not shift, period - and your Quarrellers and Thunderers will still kick any stray Greenskin's butt if they come too close... also, Quarrellers are ridiculously powerful at range (two units will decimate a unit of Big 'uns before they get into Choppa range...)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Yeah I was looking at dwarves next. Go from practically zero shooting to a static gun line. Should be an interesting change.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I'm actually impressed with how well balanced all the things are. Like in past TW games I usually ended up skipping ranged units often because they weren't effective enough, they might kill like 6 guys then flee behind me lines and do nothing much for the rest of the match but shooting units have actually been reallly good without being overpowered.

also impressed with allied AI, like when I was fighting off WoC and Norsca in the north my allies and vassals were sending armies both to help up there but also to the north west to harry the Norsca in their own regions to stop them continuing to flank me.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah I've barely used ranged units since longbow men in medieval (obviously excluding empire).

I'm still feeling overpowered by them at the moment, but when I've figured out how to get at them behind walls that'll change.

So apparently CA have committed to a variety of DLC, including free DLC of new lords and items and a new race at the end of the year, then paid lord packs introducing 2 new legendary lords plus a heap of stuff, then race packs introducing a new playable race obviously and then bigger campaign packs adding new theatres of war. I'm guessing one of t hose will be High Elf and Dark Elf and maybe Lizardmen fighting over Ulthuan and Naggaroth/Lustria. I am very excite for all these things.

Chapter-Master

Yeah I'd assume theres going to be an elf/dark elf one.
    Do any maps of Lustria exist?

A tomb King/Bretonnia crusde campaign pack would be cool too.

Well:

Chapter-Master

they need to make Bretonnians playable
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I suppose Ulthron might be too small on it's own. That would give us three areas like Empire.