BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 297 of 338 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Just got BotF running on Win10.

So amaze
    BotF?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I'm assuming it's an old star trek game?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Had my latest VC campaign go terribly wrong, again lol. I know what the problem is, just not sure how to remedy it. Lots of skellingtons and zombies backed by some GG, vargheists/crypt horrors and black knights sees off most things but WoC need to be countered pretty exclusively with those elite armoured and armour piercing units. The trouble is with 4-5 stacks needing to be maintained to keep my borders and income sources secure I can't afford to maintain an army like that, let alone two stacks to deal with the three full stacks of WoC that cam stomping down with Archaeon. One thing I had done differently this playthrough was expand early into the Empire, taking pretty much the entire south by turn 50, and then the Northern states and Kislev fell to the Norsca which meant there was nothing between Archaeon and me to weaken his forces. So I'm thinking maybe a radical rethink is in order and instead of expanding into the Empire, expand south into the Border Kingdoms and then West to Bretonnia, Tilea and Estalia. then wait for the Woc to smash the Empire, ot be smashed, and pick up the pieces.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

My game currently has Norsca, border princes, tilea, dwarfs, VC, and one of the orc factions left. Tilea is rebuilding Bretonnian ruins and expanding that way. So it might work. Vampire counts were ignored by me until they attacked me as I could get to Altdorf by going down the north bank of the river.
    Lightning strike is how I've been dealing with groups of stacks. Very useful general skill.

I fought 1650 WoC with 6300 elite VC skellingtons and whatnot and it was like dropping things into a blender. Graveguard and my elite combat generals id a lot of killyness but only so much 600GG plus three generals can do.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Now why don't they feel that killy when I point them at things?

Also noticed the force strength estimate bar and auto calculate massively over estimate the usefulness of chariots still.

AI cheats maybe? There are a few of those, like how annoyingly fast AI armies are. They can march AND attack, which is a huge pain in the arse because its impossible to catch them but if you don't chase them around on march yourself then they can just sack/raze a heap of cities unopposed. You have to hope they **** up and siege a city so you can catch up to them.

I've found chariots annoying but not devastating yup.

Chapter-Master

Yes, I was chasing a dwarf army as WoC and there was no way I was catching it. There's something wrong there.

Yep, dwarf AI seems to be able to move as fast as anyone else as well. I've seen some people say the march+fight is a bug, others its an AI cheat so hopefully it is the latter and it will get patched because its really, really frustrating sometimes.

Banned

Been replaying Fallout 4 with lots of mods, mostly cosmetic and bugfixes, but my favourite has to be this one:

I know it's very anti-lore, but it's so much more interesting than a blasted wasteland. Also another favourite one is the named settler mods - randomly gives the generic settlers a name from Codsworth's list of names. Combined with more settlers (more variety in their appearance, so 100 different faces), makes the settlements feel a lot more like actual towns.

Also Automaton is great fun, making tons of robots, and Far Harbour has been really good so far.