BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 292 of 338 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

It was mostly the long turns. the poor AI, the lack of difficulty, and the encyclopaedia was unreadable. But that was all for me, I think.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The AI never seemed to be as dumb as I saw other people reporting heh. I never use the encyclopedia so never noticed that.

I wish CA would be adventurous and add the Countess of Nuln as a legendary lord for the Empire.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

It might have depended on difficulty. I think I played on Normal generally, but I did ridiculously well on the hardest setting on one of the historical scenarios, though can't manage the eagles one by either following the youtube guide or on the easiest setting. *shrugs*

It wouldn't hurt.

Chapter-Master

3.5 years ago I bought a ps3 for the sole purpose of Skyrim. A couple weeks ago I built my first ever PC.

It's terrible. Reasons:

Skyrim already has too much content without mods.
    I used to get work done on airplanes but now I will play small games on my laptop instead, it's going to be terrible for productivity.
    I don't have time to grab snacks during load screens.
    Making new characters is my favorite part of RPGs. Now if something breaks I know how to fix it, so I don't get to wipe my data and make all new characters like I did on my PS3 last year.*
    All these short indie games that are now available are distracting me from finishing my big games.
    If the games don't freeze, how do I know when to stop???
    With a desktop computer hooked up to the TV, I now have no use for my apple TV, roku, and mac mini. **
    Now I have to find my stupid glasses every time I play so I can see the beautiful Ultra graphics.
    Since I can play online without subscribing, now all my long-distance friends want to, like, talk to me and stuff. Ugh.
    I literally haven't gone outside in two days. Send help. Or pizza.
    [–]slavell 39 points 9 hours ago

Yeah, PC gaming sucks

I really hate how most games don't even get an HD remake since the original release works fine at high resolutions and still runs on newer systems.

And the way that a lot of old multiplayer games still work? Absolutely terrible! How am I supposed to know when I have to buy the next release?
    lols

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    FFS Farharbour came out last week and still not had a chance to play it.
    Bethasda have apparently become arsey about modded games and you now need a mod to continue getting steam achievements post modding the game.
    And then TotalWarhammer comes out tomorrow.
    So much to do. So little time.
    The "no-achievements-if-you-modded" is kind of a sad move. If you're concerned people might be able to mod-cheat their way into achievements, just don't include achievements like that. But don't punish people for modding, especially when you're trying to act like you're mod-friendly. (Probably isn't making them any happier that people immediately started modding survival mode... some to make it more "real," some to make it less annoying, like with the save system.)

Speaking of mods, though, I think I screwed up by trying to use the in-game system as well as Nexus. I had dozens of mods through Nexus, so I didn't want to give those up, but some of the ones in-game looked nice and I figured they'd install better. Somewhere, though, there's a ridiculous conflict. I've worked out a bunch of issues already, but I've ditched over 30 mods and still have ridiculous crashes. As it is, I'm going to have to pretty much remove everything but the crafting mods I used to build my settlements and hope it makes the game stable again. Spending hours playing around with it isn't fun, but I want to check out Far Harbor, and I don't want to lose all of my progress in building up settlements or have to start a fresh game from scratch.

And with TW:WH coming out, I might not get a chance to get back to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I just never finished it. And there's so many more mods to try.
    I'm not sure how I kept getting distracted from it, but I did (and part of the problem is I originally bought it for X-Box, where I couldn't mod or anything). On the PC, I've got a few dozen hours in, but have so much stuff in my quest log, I think I could play it for a few hours here and there for another five years and maybe not be done.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

oh yeah its already been released the mod to cancel out their no achievements update. still annoying.

Chapter-Master

SO what did a six hour session look like?

Played as chaos. Died horribly about forty turns in.
    Figured out what I'd done wrong. (Don't point marauders at dwarves. completely pointless exercise.)
    Started again.
    Archeon currently level 11/12 ish. Absolute beast in combat.(filled out his armour slot so he can take a severe pounding) Got him his horse. Finished the slayer of kings quest. The final battle was interesting. Took two attempts.
    Main horde can recruit chosen. Just waiting for the population growth so I can start recruiting chaos knights.
    Just started my second army which has to make serious gold to justify its existence. Took all my none warrior units out of Archeon's horde and handed them over for speed, plus some chosen as initial new hordes can only recruit the basic units.
    Hordes cause each other attrition. Makes taking larger armies in garrisons more difficult. Camping near a city but outside it's ZOC appears to encourage some of them to come move you.
    Not sure how to increase my base income as chaos. Also no tutorial as chaos but its enough a total war that you fumble around and get it.

Campaign map looks beautiful. i3570k/16gb/SLI gtx970 runs at 40-120 fps with everything except anti aliasing on max. (AA is 2x).
    Battles run around 30-60fps unless you get a single mass of about 3000 infantry in one brawl. Then it's dropped as low 12. But it was a massive fight.
    Looks gorgeous though.

Chapter-Master

The loot for your characters and the magic banners are fun as well.
    Giving great weapon wielding chosen a banner that causes terror and then charging them at the enemy general is rather helpful.

I played as VC, made the mistake of expanding too slowly, ended up getting ****ed up by a WoC invasion about 60 turns in, two full stacks of gribblies that had chomped through Kisleb and down into my provinces from the north, not sure why they targeted me so much, maybe because I was ranked #1? Anyway my five stacks of VC got obliterfried embarrassingly easily and that was that.

Started a new game as Empire, took a little while to get used to the squishier troops at first. Started by consolidating Reikland and opening trade with as many people as possible. Built up to two full stacks le by Karl Franz and the Imperial Treasure whose name I forget (just some random lord) and when I took teh final Reikland province I had those stacks just near the border with Marienburg so I declared war, seized the city with minimal losses adn then crossed the bay thing and took their other settlement in the Wasteland. Stopped for a few turns to replenish my forced and spend money on buildings and whatnot, then I declared war on Middenland because they had provinces bordering the Wasteland within easy march of my army and also they didn't like my appointment as Empress so screw them. Took their two provinces in Middenland but Hochland beat me to Middenheim which was annoying.

At this point Stirland and Talebecland were begging me for treaties so I signed up to all of those which brought me so much popularity with them I was able to get them to confederate, starting with Stirland. Then Averland and Norland who were allied declared war on Talebecland, which meant I went to war with them. I laid siege to Averheim and forced them to become my vassal and then forced Nordland to pay a all the golds to me for a peace treaty. Then I focused on building up my infrastructure and replenishing my forces. After about 8 turns of that I confederated Talebecland and declared war on Wissenland. I got really lucky with that, they had their original eponymous province unguarded and their main army in an extra province they took from a small VC state, so I took their main province very easily then vassaled them well up.

While all this was happening Kislev, Ostland and Ostermark were getting smashed up by Norsca and WoC, in fact I think the Norsca nations (Varg and Skiggles or something I forget) are way too overpowered because not only were they harassing me in the Wasteland and central Middenland but they were also rampaging through Kislev, razing 6/8 of their settlements which meant there was no kind of buffer between me and WoC except a severely weakened Kislev. Luckily WoC AI seemed a bit less aggressive this time because they didn't actually do much.

Anyway, then Bretonnia declared war on me so I invaded with two full stacks and seized their province (they hadn't unified the other smalelr Bretonnian states so it easy) which gave me some much needed income. Then a Skiggle army razed Weisburg in Middenland, and fecking Nordland colonised it before I could, but then a Varg army razed it again 20 turns later so I was able to get it back, then I confederated Ostermark to stop VC taking all their settlements and a bit later I confederated Hochland which finally got me Middenheim. Then I had to stop expanding because I needed to counter Chaos influence and then I went to bed.

Really, really fun and the confederation mechanic REALLY makes it feel like yo uare playing the Empire its great.

- - - Updated - - -

But I think I really love how Vampire Counts are handled the most. Intead of gold your cities and stuff generate dark magic you use to raise or recruit new troops, and the fact you can train them OR raise some basic units instantly to bosot your force immediately is really thematic and fun.

This is shaping up to be the first TW game where I actually want to play each faction, except maybe WoC because screw Archaeon.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Not a fan? lols he's very OP, but I haven't encountered any major heros yet for a proper comparison. In my first failed attempt He was stood in the gate of a dwarven fortress taking on an entire army by the end of the battle, and still took nearly ten mins to die - at about level 6.

I'm assuming that works something like the chaos favour mechanic, you spend and accumulate the favour of the gods rather than gold.
    The random rewards with a timed effect often give you a choice to pick something from one god or the other with varying effects.
    Chaos spawn seem to be a pain to fight against cause they're unbreakable and can easily chew through a couple of low quality units.