BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 106 of 338 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3377
    Occuli Imperator

My subtle point was that in history there were women.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Jesus ****ing Christ Ubisoft.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ok so the four stubbly white guys might co-op rather than single player protagonists in AC:U, hope at least they include some ****ing female co-op options.

Say what you will about EA whoever tweets for them has a sense of humour.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Seems legit given how long it takes to log on.

And the AC dudes I think one is the main dude but you can co-op and get the other three joining you? And they've said you can customise face and gear I think - but not race or gender (yet).

I really hope they let you customise gender, at least for the minor characters andp referably for the protagonist too. No excuses for companies continuing to churn out 90% white male brown stubble protagonists.

First-Captain

while I totally aggree with you on that, the trailer is (as usual) epic as all hell:
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Aisha Tyler, an absolute icon:

I play.

I've played since I was a little kid.
    Since I begged my dad to buy me a Nintendo LCD Donkey Kong, Jr.
    Since I blew through three weeks' allowance playing Defender at the laundromat.
    Since you were a twinge in the left side of your daddy's underoos.

I've been a gamer since I made friends with a girl in the 5th grade just to get at her Atari.
    Since I missed the bus playing Galaga after school.
    Since I missed the start of Return of the Jedi playing Tempest in the theater lobby.

You think you know. You don't know.

I've been a gamer since before you could read.
    Since I aced midterms after staying up all night playing Evil Tetris.
    Since I became dorm champ at Leisure Suit Larry.
    Since I double-wielded on Time Crisis 3 at Fuddrucker's.

I was a voice in not one, but two major video game titles.
    I hosted the Reach Beta tutorial.
    I was a Gears of War superfan panelist at ComicCon.
    I hosted the Ubisoft presser at E3 2012.
    I didn't do any of it for the money.
    For most I got paid next to nothing, and for some, less than that.

I did it because I love video games.
    Because I've dreamt since I was a kid of being in one of the games I love.
    How many games have you done voices for?
    How many cons have you repped at?
    Your buddy's Unreal Tournament garage deathmatch doesn't count.

I go to E3 each year because I love video games.
    Because new titles still get me high.
    Because I still love getting swag.
    Love wearing my gamer pride on my sleeve.
    People ask me what console I play.
    Mother****er, ALL of them.

I get invited to E3 because real gamers know I'm a gamer.
    I don't do it for the money.
    I have plenty of money.
    I don't do it for the fame.
    **** fame.
    I do it because I love video games.

I don't give out my gamertag because I don't want a mess of noob jackholes lining up
    to assassinate me on XBL.
    I don't give a **** what you think about my gamerscore.
    I don't play to prove a point.
    I don't play to be the best.
    I play because I love it.

I play.
    I've been playing my whole life.
    I'm not ashamed of it.
    I don't apologize for it.
    It's who I am.
    To the core.
    I'm a gamer.

So to all the haters out there who claim I don't play;
    To the GAF dicks,
    Gamespot trolls,
    To every illiterate racist douchebag on Youtube:
    Flame away. Go nuts.
    Post every jackass comment your heart desires.
    I'll still be playing when your mom's kicked you out of her basement
    and you have to sell your old-*** console
    and get a real job.

For now, I say to you respectfully,
    and I mean this from the bottom of my heart,
    GFYS.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Playstation Blog posted up some screenshots of Bloodborne - for those who don't know, it is made by the same team that did Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (the team that made Dark Souls 2 was composed mostly of junior developers) at From Software. It is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls and can thus be considered a "Souls" game despite it looking to evolve the formula.

Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I look forward to seeing Bloodbornes white, brown haired stubbly protagonist.

Oh and Ubisoft responded to criticism about lack of female characters by saying they were cut because they would 'double the resources' needed which is not only bull**** is is misogynist because they would never consider cutting male characters to include female characters. Women are optional and expendable, men are integral. It is the ****ing definition of misogyny and trying to hide it behind busciness decisions is just cowardly. You have the resources to produce four white guys and a massive supportive cast but you can't, you know, re-use ****ign animations from Assassins Creed Liberation and hire a female voice actor? We are expected to believe that Volition can afford 3-4 female voice actors and Bioware can have two female voice actors (in DAI) and motion capture etc. but Ubisoft can't? Bull****.

Edit: Anyone else disappointed that all we saw of Star Wars Battlefront was Endor and Hoth? Like we haven't thought Endor and Hoth a zillion times before in various games? Meh.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-11-2014 at 12:49 AM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Oh and Ubisoft responded to criticism about lack of female characters by saying they were cut because they would 'double the resources' needed which is not only bull**** is is misogynist because they would never consider cutting male characters to include female characters. Women are optional and expendable, men are integral. It is the ****ing definition of misogyny and trying to hide it behind busciness decisions is just cowardly. You have the resources to produce four white guys and a massive supportive cast but you can't, you know, re-use ****ign animations from Assassins Creed Liberation and hire a female voice actor? We are expected to believe that Volition can afford 3-4 female voice actors and Bioware can have two female voice actors (in DAI) and motion capture etc. but Ubisoft can't? Bull****.
    Bull**** indeed... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Edit: Anyone else disappointed that all we saw of Star Wars Battlefront was Endor and Hoth? Like we haven't thought Endor and Hoth a zillion times before in various games? Meh.
    well those are the most iconic battles, so it kinda makes sense to get those presentable first... and they do look neat
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans