BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 245 of 338 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3377

Pft. Got a TV under $1000, works just fine. No Dance Mat or Power Glove, games haven't been $80 in a long time. Why is a TV cabinet $1000? Why spend $3500 on a home theater system? You can get that couch for $300. Don't need every console, but if you got all the big three, it's about $800 (Unless the Wii U is more than $200?)... and that's the only reason you'd spend that much on extra controllers. Even leaving A/C on all day for my cats and my computer on while I game (and just letting it run while I sleep, often downloading stuff), my electricity doesn't get to $150 (my apartment is also 1510sf, so not tiny). Got the fastest speed my local cable company allows, still under $100 for Internet service (with TV tacked on). No meds, who needs 'em? (Well, I have a friend who does, and then needs pot to deal with the meds. Great, innit?) I have glasses for astigmatism in both eyes, titanium frames and some special kind of lenses to make them lighter and more resistant to my insanely acidic sweat, only cost about $300.

So. Yeah. Where the heck does this person live?

Admittedly, if I had that much to spend on an insanely good TV and home theater setup, I probably would, but not for gaming. I'd want it for watching movies and sports. But for $1000 I can get a four-seat leather couch with reclining seats and cup holders. (I've been sorely tempted at times.)

I think there was a joke in there somewhere, but they over-exaggerated so much the joke got lost.

Chapter-Master

It's based on the ridiculous prices console gamers often apply to owning a PC I think.

here

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Most of those are not console specific
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Ah... so it's people on both sides of that silly argument acting like complete tools to pretend they're somehow superior while, by their very actions, proving they are actually inferior to most people regardless of gaming platform preference?

Cool.

Are sound cards still a thing? Or even fax machines that aren't printers? (Also, what is that, a 3D printer?) Is there even anything in a computer these days you'd need WD-40 for?

Oh, and dual-monitor (or triple-monitor) is not just good for gaming, it's brilliant for watching Netflix while you work.

Banned

-
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 10-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Chapter-Master

Anyone seen the new animal crossing game? Has collectable cards that do something ingame. £5 for a packet of three

Nah.

You can get a packet of three in the pub bogs for a couple of quid.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

last few days I have been playing Assault Android Cactus, a great little twin stick shooter. nice and fast paced and chaotic, looks great, varied enemies, big bosses. a whole range of playable characters, each with a unique primary and secondary weapon. and every playable character is female.

Chapter-Master

Chapter-Master

Farcry Primal

the latest Farcry game in which you are a prehistoric human hunting mammoth and sabre tooth tigers with spears and bows. no, I am not joking.

really can't see this working. the strength of the Farcry games has always been the variety to how you approach things, the range of weapons etc. personally the hunting was always my least favourite aspect. trailer doesn't grab me at all.