BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 277 of 338 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3377
    Chapter-Master

I meant for true nostalgia

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

aah
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I started playing Grim Dawn yesterday as well. what I think of as Titan Quest style game, but everyone else calls Diablo-esque

it is actually made by some of the old Titan Quest team though. I bought it on early access from Steam, but waited until it was finished to play it. looks great, good combat, and surprisingly modern and varied soundtrack. the music has really grabbed me. possibly a bit easy so far, only the first two difficulty levels (of four) are available from the beginning, but I am really enjoying it. you can use a gamepad, but it doesn't tell you how to actually use it. initially it seemed like I needed to use the mouse as well, but eventually found that if you click the right stick, it becomes a mouse cursor, and the left and right triggers act as left and right mouse buttons.

I grabbed Black Desert Online, and have had fun with it (through about six hours). It's definitely a more involved game than something like WoW, but with a lot less hand-holding, too, so I need to find some good guides. I do like how the combination of NPCs, PCs, PCs' workers, etc. creates a feel of a world that's "lived in." I've been hanging around the first town I came to, running around it doing all kinds of stuff.

The Energy system is a bit rough when you're used to a lot of freedom. You have a certain amount that regens over time and you'll get some back with quests. It's used for gathering, crafting, certain conversations, and other stuff. You also spend Energy to post comments in the General chat, and requesting a chat ban review will chew half your Energy instantly (probably to prevent people from abusing it). So rather than do that with the people posting ads for websites, it's better to just Block them (no Energy cost).

I'm tempted by Division... but that'll have to come down the line.

Sadly, after just having replaced a monitor that decided to go bad, there was a freak accident with my desktop PC. Some Monster got in it, caused a quick enough short to cause it to shut itself off. I tried cleaning it all out with the limited stuff I have available, but it seems the CPU and/or mobo might have been wrecked, so now I have to go get a new pair. Pretty sure the rest is okay, though. RAM might be questionable, but I think I cleaned it well enough. Video card is pretty well covered, didn't seem to be much get over where the drives were. Everything powers on now, but the CPU LED stays red and there's no BIOS beep.

Chapter-Master

- - - Updated - - -

I love how embedding it bypasses the age login requirement on youtube

Chapter-Master

Chapter-Master

well I have never played Minecraft, and I play SNES games on my actual SNES, so I am safe

Chapter-Master

same, still lol'd though

First-Captain

testing out the Battlefleet Gothic: Armada beta, and while I'm not straight up bouncing with excitement it's definitely a good game and well-done adaptation.
    Graphics are, for me, kinda meh - I was hoping for much better textures from the trailers, but it's nowhere near bad enough to really be a negative point, just also nowhere near good enough to be a real positive. They just are what they are.
    Good performance for a beta, and haven't seen any real bugs.
    Ship handling feels appropriately sluggish but they do have an extra maneuvering gauge used both for All Ahead Full and High Speed Turns, which allows for some fancy maneuvering when needed - well done there! Weapons are also a decent adaptation from the TT, including infinite-range torpedoes zooming across the map, various small craft, firing angles for various weapons are present as are differing efficiencies at varying ranges. Feels nicely like BFG.
    Campaign looks to have some pretty cool mechanics, and there's a kind of persistent-progression system for both single player skirmishes and multiplayer.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

sounds good, I am looking forward to trying this