BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 298 of 338 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3377

Ooh, I like the named settler mod idea, much easier to keep track of people as well, like if you've sent Bob to work as a weapon seller and then you see Bob wandering around not selling weapons like she is supposed to you know something is up, but if its just Settler or whatever then who knows.

I need to tart playing FO4 again.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

It's a very good mod, and the more settler one also makes them all different heights if you want which is nice. And can make only ladies arrive at your settlements which was obviously designed by dudebros but great if you want lesbian seperatist communes

Also have a mod that makes the bobbleheads in the game into Vaul-girl.

Nick Valentine:His people are completely literal. Metaphors go over his head.

Paladin Danse:Nothing goes over my head...! My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

I have the named Settlers mod, it's really nice. I turned off all my visuals mods in my "purge" to get the game not to die on me so much, but I'll be adding them back in now that it's running pretty solid. (Finally got to a crash, but it was hours into playing.) I like the greenery mods, because while they might not be "lore-friendly," they make things look better *and* make more sense to me, given that the plants would grow back after over 200 years (even more so, since no one's around to trim them or anything). Far Harbor's been pretty fun so far, though I'm sure I've got a lot more to do.

Started a co-op campaign with a friend in TW:WH yesterday. At this point, it's pretty much been enough to turn me off on playing the game until there's a patch, or at least mods, or something. He picked VC, I picked Orcs (favorite race and all). He's been building armies, expanding, had a successful siege, all kinds of goodness.

Me? Took a while to build up armies. Won some early battles, but lots of casualties. Had to rebuild armies. That was expensive. Getting money from cities made them more likely to revolt, so I had to cut some of my money supply. Have to hit higher levels of growth just to be able to expand a city enough to get a building so I can start researching, and that took like 50 turns or so of waiting. Meanwhile, another Orc tribe shows up with its own massive armies and starts giving me trouble. But that's not the kicker. No, the kicker is the Dwarfs. FREAKING DWARFS. Can barely put a dent in their armies and they straight up maul my armies. I didn't have a hero army left in one area, so it was just the garrison. A Dwarf hero comes in with a unit of Quarellers and a unit of Stone Throwers. I figure the garrison's pretty good size, should be able to handle it. Nope. Wiped out to a man, doesn't hurt the Dwarfs. Add in Thorgrim Grudgebearer walking around with an ever-expanding army. Every time I build up an army, it gets mauled by Dwarfs or three-on-one battles with other Orc armies (which can apparently build up ten times faster than I can). Got a character up a few levels, had some followers, couple magic items... Dwarfs come and kill him. Grimgor got knocked out, brought him back, started trying to build what I could afford as two different Dwarf realms wrecked two of my cities constantly (destroying my money supply), and what do you know, the capital rebels. Oh, but the rebels have access to advanced units I couldn't build yet, and they're all experienced. And the rebel army just keeps growing. Ends up wrecking Grimgor's army sickeningly easily. Then another city rebels, same issue. At this point I've got two cities getting ransacked by minor Dwarf armies, and two cities with ever-growing rebel armies of veteran elites Orcs and Goblins smashing any army I try to build. And I've gone bankrupt.

So, at this point, I get to watch my turn come up, see that I can't do anything except try to repair what's been destroyed (again), and click end-of-turn within 20 seconds of the turn starting, then wait again as the Vampire Counts march all over the place destroying things, and using overwhelming armies to crush Dwarf holds. Sure, he's theoretically helping me by taking on the Dwarfs (though would still need several turns to get an army to where I am to break the ring of armies wrecking my land), but in the process, he's destroying some of the locations I'd be able to claim, since I'm limited to Orc and Dwarf locations. Doubt it'll matter, because I'm pretty sure I'll be out of the game before long.

It feels like as Orcs, surrounded by Dwarfs, I have to sit in place and not try to take any land, until I've built up a massive army of basic units while waiting seemingly forever to be able to start building more advanced units, and then hope I can expand fast enough to get in a bunch of money quickly to afford building up another army, because the upkeep is frakking insane. It's not an experience that lends itself well to playing with someone else, since you have to sit through their turns, then take a few seconds to click through yours, and repeat over and over, bored because you forgot to put the game in windowed mode so you can play another game or surf the web.

I'm probably just incredibly bad at the game and should either "git gud" or give up on a $60 game, but I swear it feels like Dwarfs are so OP that starting near them and not trying (uncharacteristically) to be peaceful with them is a good way to have an awful game experience.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Also Automaton is great fun, making tons of robots, and Far Harbour has been really good so far.
    Automatron gave me twenty robots at Greygarden

Got the stuck in the lift bug in far harbour, once so far. And the bridge between Dalton farm and far harbour gives me a noticable stutter as I walk across it. But that's only problems I've had *touchs wood*

Is that population mod the one that lets you set the percentage of children to the settlement as well? Or just one that turns off male settlers?
    Cause I saw someone(possibly final render) using one that gives you a menu and sliders that lets you tweak population make up.

Also discovering you can link the supply chain back to the commonwealth was useful.
    Mostly been doing far harbour residents quests and building at dalton farm. Got a nice little cliff top shed for me. Three large buildings built out of the new barn pieces. A market and a bar.

The posed gnomes are amusing.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 06-01-2016 at 01:49 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Automatron gave me twenty robots at Greygarden
    Be careful, Automatons sometimes attack non-automaton robots.

[URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11576/?"]Also use this mod because I'm a terrible person[/URL]

Is that population mod the one that lets you set the percentage of children to the settlement as well? Or just one that turns off male settlers?
    Cause I saw someone(possibly final render) using one that gives you a menu and sliders that lets you tweak population make up.
    It's just called [URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4772/?"]Better Settlers[/URL] - no children that I saw, but not a huge shame since their outfit choices are so limited compared to 3 & NV. I also use [URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11306/?"]Don't Call Me Settler[/URL]

Also discovering you can link the supply chain back to the commonwealth was useful.
    Mostly been doing far harbour residents quests and building at dalton farm. Got a nice little cliff top shed for me. Three large buildings built out of the new barn pieces. A market and a bar.
    Oh that's good to know about the supply chain, very helpful.

Can now also add a Robobrain to the list of ladies I've slept with in Fallout (clearly Bethesda listened to us about the lack of Fisto).

Chapter-Master

How come everyone one else manages to bang the robot? I got the text last night saying lols banged a a robot, and I was like vault 118? I never got that option, what did I say wrong?

That locked bed option is tempting.

I haven't had any robot fights yet. But now I'm worried. Also RILF lmao

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    How come everyone one else manages to bang the robot? I got the text last night saying lols banged a a robot, and I was like vault 118? I never got that option, what did I say wrong?
    Just keep hitting dat flirt option over and over, I think five or six times maybe?

That locked bed option is tempting.

I haven't had any robot fights yet. But now I'm worried. Also RILF lmao
    Apparently it only happens sometimes but idk why? It's a great mod

Chapter-Master

I might have a wander back. I can raid them for any aluminium not bolted down.

Chapter-Master

I thought seven was supposed to be the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    It's just called [URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4772/?"]Better Settlers[/URL] - no children that I saw, but not a huge shame since their outfit choices are so limited compared to 3 & NV. I also use [URL="http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11306/?"]Don't Call Me Settler[/URL]
    Definitely can vouch for both of those. They seriously help to make settlements more interesting. Just giving people names and more variety of outfits and all helps, because instead of "Settler" working some of the crops and greeting me, it's Callie in her old beat-up tuxedo greeting me (and ignoring the crops).

One issue I'm having at the moment with Far Harbor and settlements is I don't like the idea of "teleporting" to the mainland and then back just to see to settlements, so I had to skip on a settlement under attack, and I keep getting notifications that one of my settlements apparently got pretty popular and doesn't have enough beds (if it's the one I'm thinking of, that'll require a pretty extensive tear down and rebuild of the place).
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.