BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 299 of 338 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3377
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post

I thought seven was supposed to be the best?
    Eight is my favourite. I never got into seven. But hey, nothing wrong with people preferring different games in the series either.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

I had an N64 so never got into them. Still seen Distant worlds twice cause the SO is an obsessive FF fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I could clear the roof at the lumber yard in far harbour so I could make it nicer with those new barn roofs.
    Got the lower ground floor sealed and filled with beds. upper ground floor has farming in it under spotlights. first floor guard post at the broken corner, then it's going to have either a bar and seating or more farming, then the 2nd will have more beds, and the roof will have either farming or the bar. Any extra bodies are going in a shed outside searching for junk.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

omfg had my first defend settlement mission on far harbour last night. Was attacked at Dalton farm by the creatures, and my rifle was literally doing nothing. I ended up stood on top of a barn throwing grenades at them. But there was so many of them. I'm also making an effort to get all my scavengers in mechanics overalls, farmers in farm clothes and millita hats, and shops run by suited people.
    I will have one settlement properly organised and looking pretty

Chapter-Master

always kinda wished i could get into a lot of those RPG's but I have zero patience for those turn based battle systems unfortuantly.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Concrete walls all around with a single point of entry bristling with turrets. Big guns and explosive perks & spam missiles and/or mini-nukes at the choke point

Chapter-Master

Currently got two platforms with missile turrets and heavy laser turrets set up with good lines of sight, and plan on replacing the heavy machine gun turrets on the third platform with same. Just short of aluminium at the moment. I've been closing the perimeter down with buildings, and my main settlement building is built on the pier opposite the workshop because screw physics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    always kinda wished i could get into a lot of those RPG's but I have zero patience for those turn based battle systems unfortuantly.
    Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 are all first person shooter types, the time pausing element is optional. 1 & 2 are turn based but usually pretty quick (and in 2 you can avoid all but one fight thru talking). Tactics can be turn based or real time with regenerating action points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Currently got two platforms with missile turrets and heavy laser turrets set up with good lines of sight, and plan on replacing the heavy machine gun turrets on the third platform with same. Just short of aluminium at the moment. I've been closing the perimeter down with buildings, and my main settlement building is built on the pier opposite the workshop because screw physics.
    It's also worth noting that MG turrets have levels from 1-5 (written on the side, also darker colours for higher levels), and they scale as you level so as you get higher levels the chance to spawn a higher level turret increases. Worth checking what levels the turrets are in case they are all ones which are kinda useless.

Maybe also shotgun turrets just inside the perimeter?

Also are you finding settler spawn rates for the island settlements really low? I've gotten one new settler at one town in like three hours. Had four pop on the mainland tho.

Chapter-Master

Erm, I haven't been paying attention to the game time wise, but I've been playing farharbour since monday? Dalton farm has 10 settlers and a beacon. And seems to get a new one maybe every couple of game days or so that I'm elsewhere on the island. Neither of my other two have added anything beyond the initial 2/3 they started with. But I don't have beacons at them. I'm planning on setting them up properly one at a time.
    Beyond running back to problem solve and take clothes out of my clothes storage box I haven't paid attention to my commonwealth settlements.

Thanks for the tip re-turrets, I'd not realised that the PC's were leveled as well.

Banned

Ah that's fine, just that I've had beacons on three of the four with only one getting a new settler while the mainland kept getting them so thought it might be an intentional thing. I've got a few "proper" settlements, I've set up the drive in as basically a huge person farm so it just keeps recruiting and has a big house with 20 beds stuffed in there so I can send people from there off to new settlements to be supply runners asap. Also basically everyone gets the cement walls built around them because they're cool lol.

No problem, I only noticed a couple of days ago reading something in the wiki

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 are all first person shooter types, the time pausing element is optional. 1 & 2 are turn based but usually pretty quick (and in 2 you can avoid all but one fight thru talking). Tactics can be turn based or real time with regenerating action points.
    Unfortuantly I find 3D games really hard to get into/play (allthough don't get me wrong I can still appreciate the artistry) I much prefer the nostalgia of 2D generally, especially the 16 bit style of the super nintendo era. I think the last 3D game I was able to enjoy was Quake.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses