BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Another evening well spent on Skyrim.
    Now running round in legendary daedric armour. Blacksmithing is upto 99. Enchanting upto 98.
    Soon I'll have double enchantments on everything with my glamourous assitant running round in legendary light dragon scale...

You know you have too much stuff when you can level up just by enchanting the spare items in your house
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I'm playing through The Last of Us for a second* time at the moment, it's the only game I've been able to sit down and play for more than three hours at a time in about a fortnight.
    Not buying another game until my PS4 arrives. When it does, I'll get Killzone and FIFA 14 on the day to go along with the PS+ freebies. A week after that, I'll probably get Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4.

*Technically the third time, but I intend to finish this one. My second play-through is on Survivor difficulty, and I just got up to the part where Joel falls down the elevator shaft in a hotel. I got up to that part and was like.....yeah, no. Might revisit it later, I got past that part on Normal just last night on my third play-through (mostly playing for story/gameplay) and it still sucked.
    Sounds like Last of Us is to be recommended then?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The Last of Us: Metacritic
    Critic Score - 95
    User Score - 91

I've played many games but there is little doubt that The Last of Us is just.....something else.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    You know you have too much stuff when you can level up just by enchanting the spare items in your house
    Yep. When I set off to enchant I just took a load of daggers from previous smithing and all my petty and common filled soulstones out of my miscellaneous box.
    Still got 170ish daggers left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The SO's brother played it through about four times back to back. But I've also heard it described as dodgy controls, and poor camera like an early resident evil to make up for any real tension in the story.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Hmm. £25 in CEX? Worth a punt I guess!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The SO's brother played it through about four times back to back. But I've also heard it described as dodgy controls, and poor camera like an early resident evil to make up for any real tension in the story.
    Here's a heads up for you Mr Mystery. From my personal experience, the shooting controls are designed to be shaky to promote the 'hopeless' setting/theme of the game. It is a survival game where, on higher difficulties in particular, you are always low on ammo and can't really afford to miss. The main character is shaky with his aiming somewhat, and the shakiness gets worse when enemies - such as infected - are charging at you or simply putting you under pressure. I can understand why some might call it mediocre shooting mechanics but I think, like everything in the game, it is designed to match the theme. However, YMMV as that was often one of the (few) criticisms of the game.

I've never heard anyone describe TLoU's story as lacking tension to be honest lol.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Playing Assassins Creed 4, it is really good so far. The annoying things about combat and sneaking up on people in AC3 seem to have been fixed and the settings are much prettier. Havana is lovely.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Went with 'The Guided Fate Paradox' in the end. Should be turning up at some point tomorrow.

Kind of a FF/God Sim/Katamari style game, where you accidentally become God, and need to go dungeon crawling in a parallel world to fulfil peoples prayers and wishes in our world.

Sounds mental! Should be fun!

Chapter-Master

doesn't sound like much of a God...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Does sound interesting though!

Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast