BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Such an interesting thread.
    I am a 40k FANATIC.
    I have played GW games since 1996.
    I don't play very much.
    I don't paint anywhere near as much as I'd like to.
    I have far too many armies.
    I read a lot of the novels.
    I buy WD even though it isn't worth the money.
    I argue about rules, and ring up GW stores in the middle of games for rule clarification!FAIL!!!!!LOL
    I have a close group of friends who are pretty much as obsessed.(This is an important sentence.)
    I have a wife, lifestyle and job that enable me to do this. (This is an IMPORTANT sentence.)
    I have other hobbies/pastimes/interests.
    It has become part of my life.
    I regret nothing.
    *Other people's experiences may differ.*
    Last edited by Bedroom General; 12-24-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Well, I took everyones advice and stepped back from the game for a bit and just put everything away for a while. I'm still reading BoLS and WD and I have to admit that my interest has perked up a bit with all the Tyranid stuff I've been reading about. I'm planning on picking up the new codex in Janurary and we'll see what happens after reading it.

I don't think that I'll be rushing right back into play WH40k but I do have a fully painted Nid army in the display case. I'm curious how it'll come out in points now that everything has chnaged so we'll see what happens. For now, I'm enjoying the time off and focusing on building my new Giant Scale RC 50cc Extra 300...Santa was good to me this year

Cheers,

FH
    Blog: http://pocketfullofplasma.blogspot.com/
    Meetup Site: http://www.meetup.com/Warhammer-Longmont/

Occuli Imperator

(Sprinkles water) The power of the Hive Mind Compels you! (Sprinkles water) The Power of the hive mind compels you! (Sprinkles water) The power of the hive mind compels you!

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chaplain

When I first started I quit for about 6 months! but I found that if you make it funny it is much more enjoyable. e.g. me and my mate do narrative campaigns and we completeley muck around by turning a leman russ upside down and calling it the great battleship FISH. Treat it as a joke as you get better at it.
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    In the hobby yes, in the lore/fluff, no. Without the lore/fluff, the hobby is nothing, and I in fact actually don't enjoy the hobby that much to begin with... it's mostly the games and the lore that draws me.
    99% what I was going to say, building on that base, try diving into that storyline it has helped me many, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchyman99 View Post
    99% what I was going to say, building on that base, try diving into that storyline it has helped me many, many times.
    Sorry for thread necro, but it seems to be the same as what I'm facing, the lore/fluff is so-so to me, the TT game is crap and I'm not that overjoyed with the effort I need to put into the models to play a game I don't enjoy which isn't representative of the fluff.
    Q.Q

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234