BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1250 CSM list for tournament. Do you think its competitive?

Hello there.
    Im going to a 1250 tournament.
    Do you think that my list is a competitive one?, they're Iron Warriors.

- Abaddon the Despoiler
    - 10 Cultists
    - 10 Cultists
    - 1 Heldrake with baleflamer
    - 3 Obliterators MoN --- they are going to deep strike with Abaddon
    - 6 Havocs MoN with 4 lascannons and Icon of Vengeance
    - 5 Havocs MoN with 4 lascannons and Icon of Vengeance
    - Aegis defence line with quad-gun

I think there will be kill points misions only and not objective-control ones. A lot of power gamers and cheesy lists .
    What do you guys think?

For non-objective missions it's not too bad. I would drop MoN from the Havoks in favor of more bodies for them.

What does Abbadon do for the army? Is he just an overpriced bullet catcher for the Oblits?

For a 1250 game i think Abbadon is a little too expensive. If you have your heart set on taking a character, take typhus. Youd save some points and your cultist could be zombie.

Librarian

at 1250 this list will not last very long. you do not have the bodies to be able to hold anything. Abbadon is to much of a point sink for this size game. and you said iron warriors.... he is not an iron warriors character... you'd have a better time with a lord or the tech marine 20 cultists will not last a single turn of shooting either even behind the aegis.

honestly it looks like your relying on the oblits helldrake and havocs to be the workhorses of your list. but your forgetting with each loss they become less and less effective. you don't have any reliable way of dealing with a horde list and even against mech/ hybrid lists i can see your list really struggling in a competitive environment.