BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Please please please bring back the super heavy damage tables or the game is gonna get "pick super to win".
    Im very cautious about these lord of war rules. Having fought one in the current 30k guise with an army with no super of my own and not a tailored anti super list it was pretty pointless.
    I second this. They must have thought of a way to combat the SHs for players without a SH. Either that or it is to push people into using, scratch that, into buying a SH. Either that or it is to set the sales of a plastic TH in concrete (ok a bit of wishful thing on the plastic TH).

If this is true. I agree that it could be another unsubtle GW marketing ploy before the long mooted plackie Thawk.
    I mean they arent the most subtle company when it comes to these things are they? The tyranid codex being the most blatant piece of GW force selling to date.

Librarian

Yeah Im curious to see if this will be the first sign of the new T-hawk kit (assuming both this release and the T-hawk arent wild hyperboles of the online gaming community) or if this new supplement is going to boast a FW hawk. either way Im gonna hit the store a lil later this coming week to try and pickup a set of 1/35 WWII bombs, my metal hawk is getting ready to obliterate some infantry!

Librarian

This - [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=12000002[/url]
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hmm.

I'm less convinced than ever by this rumour, seeing as there is now pretty much a consensus Nids are up next week.

Would be unusual to launch a supplement alongside a whole army, especially when most armies don't have any plastic kits for the supplement.

Nah. Reckon it's nonsense. But as ever, worth pointing out I have acquired a taste for my own words over the years. Fried up in a bit of butter, served with a hollandaise sauce? Lovely!
    Why would the Nid's release impact a supplement that probably contains less than a dozen pages of regurgitated rules?

We all know GW is trying to push Superheavy sales, so a supplement that allows you to buy superheavies to use in regular games sounds exactly like the sort of thing GW would do.

Ok so saturday we see this release. I find it really odd that we will be allowed to use a stompa or lord of skulls but not lets say a malcador.
    Im cautiously curious.

Well, pre-order not release.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Mmm.

Tasty tasty words.

This month, I've gone with a word sandwich. White bread, thick butter, and a bit of HP Sauce. Yum yum!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

there is no need for people to panic and complain. this supplement is optional. if you don't want to play against a super heavy, then don't do so. this will add options to the people who want it, it is not taking over the main game, it is not introducing super heavies to regular 40k, or completely changing the way the game will work. it is like planet strike, a little extra something you may or may not like.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Sorry to tell you people but the plastic T-hawk is simply NOT happening.

People who have never actually held one don't realize just how massive it is - its at least twice as large in overall dimensions as any other plastic kit that GW produces.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast