BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Daemon-Prince

Anddd Daemons get nothing! (well lord of skulls doesnt count...)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

the FW daemon princes dont count?

Librarian

Nope doesnt look like it, I was kind of wondering if there was a way to field an lord of undivided chaos symbolism, not that it matters since my demon faction is khorne, but still kind of a little empty feeling in the chaos field... maybe time for a new lords of battle, escalation edition?

A quick summary of some of the major points has been posted on [URL="http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2720&p=4078#p4078"]3++ forums[/URL]; D weapons in regular games is a sad time but I don't imagine many will be using them given the cost to run them both monetary and points wise however; the new forts... we shall see if bubble shield forts become a thing

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by K1rby View Post
    A quick summary of some of the major points has been posted on [URL="http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2720&p=4078#p4078"]3++ forums[/URL]; D weapons in regular games is a sad time but I don't imagine many will be using them given the cost to run them both monetary and points wise however; the new forts... we shall see if bubble shield forts become a thing
    I was hoping that they'd at least allow 'Weapon Destroyed' results to count on Superheavies for Escalation games (perhaps allowing for the primary weapon to be destroyed after the others are gone), as I think that would balance out Superheavies a bit more.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by K1rby View Post
    Thank the Emperor that the Imperial Guard makes such cheap Shadowswords. =D
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Anddd Daemons get nothing! (well lord of skulls doesnt count...)
    Tau get a joke- the Tigershark base, when many people (myself included) have the AX-1-0

Fly Lord

I fundamentally don't have an issue with super heavies in the game - GW makes the kits and they have always had the "you cant use these in the real game" stigma. Something that has had to have been frustrating to them from a manufacturer point of view.

What I can't believe is the heavy handed way they aded them into the game.

A rather arbitrary set of superheavies and no points or percentage restrictions is going to result in some ridiculous lists folks are going to bring to the tabletop.

Once again, we are seeing the example of FW with the Horus Heresy books leading and doing it the right way (the key 25% of total points restriction for the Lord of War slot).

And yes Major, the "basic Tigershark" zinger is kinda a F-You to the Tau community. Also, why give the Eldar who are hardly lacking the power/meta department the 900pt beatstick when the Scorpion would have been a much better choice for for the overall balance slot if you had to give them only a single super heavy?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Do either of these books have interactive editions like the codices?

Default Escalation is Just Another Supplement

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    What I can't believe is the heavy handed way they aded them into the game.

A rather arbitrary set of superheavies and no points or percentage restrictions is going to result in some ridiculous lists folks are going to bring to the tabletop.
    I haven't seen anything indicating that Escalation rules are getting added into anything in a heavy-handed way. As far as I can tell Escalation is just another supplement like Cities of Death, Spearhead, and Planetstrike. Escalation provides a new path to explore but it's just a supplement... what make you think it is now part of the "main game"? I'm curious. Cheers. Cope
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast