BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Escalation is now out. Start to take the analysis and commentary over to rules/tactics please.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It's not a Supplement. It is like Death from the Skies. "Official" rules for standard 40k games. If you look at the book, it clearly states it is adding the Lords of War slot to the force org chart. There is nothing on the book that mentions "optional". Its intent is very clearly to add Superheavies to 40k. That being said, anyone can ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORK-amada View Post
    It's not a Supplement. It is like Death from the Skies. "Official" rules for standard 40k games. If you look at the book, it clearly states it is adding the Lords of War slot to the force org chart. There is nothing on the book that mentions "optional". Its intent is very clearly to add Superheavies to 40k. That being said, anyone can ignore it.
    That is the definition of a supplement...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

I'm furious Dark Eldar got nothing. Yes, yes, I know technically Dark Eldar got the Revenent Titan and that is the one everyone is saying is the best, but it is A CRAFTWORLDER TITAN. Worse, it is powered by soulstones and made of wraithbone, both of which the fluff states act screwy around Dark Eldar. So basically my army got shoved something implausible because nobody has ever bothered giving us a super heavy or a large flyer or anything of that ilk (and never will, because Forgeworld has flat out said the Tantalus is the last DE vehicle they're ever planning to do).

Oh well. I can't say I like the D weapons in standard play anyway, and since I can't play with the supplement and I don't like the rules I'm going to point blank refuse to let my opponents do so either.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

To my mind the Dark Eldar problem is easily solved by adding in a house-rule that lets you take an Apocalypse Formation in your Lords of War slot. A Ravager Titan-Hunter Squadron will put the fear in 'em.

Admittedly, not so much for the poor Sororitas. They're better off taking a bunch of multi-meltas than bothering to put together a Purge Squadron.

Where did FW say the Tantalus was the last DE vehicle they were doing? I know they said it was time consuming to sculpt but there was talk of more with IA13.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Random claim on the internet I understand. Nothing to back it up.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Where did FW say the Tantalus was the last DE vehicle they were doing? I know they said it was time consuming to sculpt but there was talk of more with IA13.
    In the interview with the designer they said that the Tantalus was frustrating to work on due to the sleek-yet-spiky aesthetic that Dark Eldar have and that their resin just wasn't suited to it, so they weren't planning on doing any more large Dark Eldar models or vehicles due to design constraints. *goes hunting for the interview itself*
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I'm furious Dark Eldar got nothing. Yes, yes, I know technically Dark Eldar got the Revenent Titan and that is the one everyone is saying is the best, but it is A CRAFTWORLDER TITAN. Worse, it is powered by soulstones and made of wraithbone, both of which the fluff states act screwy around Dark Eldar. So basically my army got shoved something implausible because nobody has ever bothered giving us a super heavy or a large flyer or anything of that ilk (and never will, because Forgeworld has flat out said the Tantalus is the last DE vehicle they're ever planning to do).

Oh well. I can't say I like the D weapons in standard play anyway, and since I can't play with the supplement and I don't like the rules I'm going to point blank refuse to let my opponents do so either.
    Your mad because GW gave you the opportunity to convert a revenant? Its a laughably easy job to file off the soul stones and add dark eldaresque stuff to a revenant.
    Try hanging flensed bodies and skulls from it and adding assorted spikey bits, it will look fantastic, maybe a pair of sails on the back instead of the eldar wings.
    If I were in your boat I would be off to FW today to get started. Lets face it quite a bit of the DE dex is just renamed Eldar stuff anyway. Would you refuse to take dark lances because they are blatantly bright lances but in naughty hands?

Stop giving me ideas Popsical!

Now I want to give a Revanant a necklace made of various heads!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast