BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Soz dude even I got tempted by my own darned idea.

And attempt to make cracks appear using paint effects, make the wraithbone look tortured.

Oooh. That new earth one.....could be used for a sort of Wraithbone eczema....

Just because it goes a bit wibbly, doesn't mean a talented Haemonculis wouldn't be up for a tinker!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Exactly. Use a craft knife to score cracks and fissures over the largest smooth parts. To be honest id be tempted with a vibro cannon, it seems like a really DE way of torturing a target to death. Sort of tearing them apart slowly. Sick and twisted like the DE should be.

morgrim, you've been given a great opportunity to add a seriously cool unit to your army, if you read HH books think of the deseased eldar titans that Magnus fights. Its even fluffy for jeebus sake.
    Last edited by Popsical; 12-08-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Brother-Captain

Honestly it irritates me that I have to. Every else gets stuff that belongs to their army and DE get stuff that belongs to their hated cousins and have to scramble to come up with reasons and excuses and conversions. I mean, if they're going to go that path why not use a Void Dragon and give it killer AA capabilities or something? It would fit with fluff and fill a valuable niche.

EDIT: I will admit I am instead considering grabbing a toy dinosaur of appropriate size, sticking guns and a mind control system ala Dinobots and using that instead. If they're going to take something over may as well make it worthwhile. Maybe one of those small roboraptors, so if I do get sucked in I can at least have a titan that will march across the table and roar at my opponent.
    Last edited by Morgrim; 12-08-2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I'd stick to the paints meself. Don't trust me as far as I can throw me when it comes to carving resin.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Honestly it irritates me that I have to. Every else gets stuff that belongs to their army and DE get stuff that belongs to their hated cousins and have to scramble to come up with reasons and excuses and conversions. I mean, if they're going to go that path why not use a Void Dragon and give it killer AA capabilities or something? It would fit with fluff and fill a valuable niche.
    You don't have to. Your already using bright lances, melta guns and stuff, why moan about using eldar stuff when you already are?
    Its not an excuse to do use a revenant, its an opportunity. Pretty much everyone uses allies to plug holes in their army, in my opinion that's far less fluffy than DE using left over tech from before the fall. Or are DE like the chaos maureens and threw all the old cool equipment away?

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Your mad because GW gave you the opportunity to convert a revenant? Its a laughably easy job to file off the soul stones and add dark eldaresque stuff to a revenant.
    Try hanging flensed bodies and skulls from it and adding assorted spikey bits, it will look fantastic, maybe a pair of sails on the back instead of the eldar wings.
    If I were in your boat I would be off to FW today to get started. Lets face it quite a bit of the DE dex is just renamed Eldar stuff anyway. Would you refuse to take dark lances because they are blatantly bright lances but in naughty hands?
    Except it is still highly lore friendly. One of the small, handheld pieces of equipment used by Dark Eldar made of wraithbone became so hard to find as to be almost impossible to locate, the idea there is a bunch of giant wraithbone statues walking around Commorogh just doesn't work.

Also, the Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar armies and playstyles are radically different, if you think it is just renamed Craftworld stuff then you've clearly never actually read either book. Bright/Dark lances and starcannons/disintegrators are really the only points of comparison.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Who says the DE revenant is made of wraithbone? Anyways its a vast universe with limitless possibilities.

If GW has tried to teach us anything in 6th edition it is this: Do what ever you want with your collection, buy the figures you like and use them, and just enjoy the game.

My mind set in the last few months has changed to this too. 90% the whinging and moaning that comes out on the forums is people talking about restricting other players because of reasons X or Y, im fed up with seeing reasons why we "cant" and just go with the flow.
    Others should try it too.

Because Revanants are made pf wraithbone? If you want to proxy it as something else, but it's still irritating when there were a bunch of Apoc formations DE could have got instead without unbalancing things. Getting a Revenant just screams afterthought.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Some might say half of 6th ed screams afterthought. Im sure the next 2 years will see a plethora of stuff released that will irritate lots of people.
    With that in mind, why bother with 40k at all? I initially found the whole allies matrix plain annoying as it made no clear sense and just benefits some armies while ignoring others. Do you know what? Who cares? GW don't and many players don't either. A player can now turn up to a pick up game with multiple races mixed together so flippin randomly that the fluff needed if you were to try and "justify" it would be enormous. For anyone simply wanting to enjoy 40k as just their hobby it is best to go with the flow and just play. Fluff is fine between consenting gamers who understand each others nuances and ideals. For friendly pick up games or tournies its just irrelevant and becomes "you cant/shouldn't because I read this" or "I can/should because I think that". Pointless.

The advent of codex inquisition has pretty much made a mockery of any anti allies arguments and the new formations and super hevs seem to go hand in hand to break up the FOC even more. As reecius has said at front line gaming, how do we deal with whats in or out?
    Who is right or wrong? Who says who is right or wrong?
    Last edited by Popsical; 12-08-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast