BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Scarabs and Squadrons

Ok Im pretty sure I did this wrong last game I played, but can someone simplify how to resolve Scarabs against a Squadron of Tanks/Walkers?

For simplicity, lets say 5 scarabs charge into 3 Lemun Russ tanks who have not moved during their movement phase, so that is 25 automatic hits. The next step would logically be to roll 25 dice, to see how many entropic strikes are then allocated, however the rules are a little funky when it comes to dealing damage to squadrons of vehicles.

What I BELIEVE I should have done is the following, but seems rather clunky and time consuming. Please correct me if I am wrong:

Step 1 allocate 1st hit of 25 against closest tank.
    Step 2 Consult pool of entropic strikes, apply 1 to closet tank reducing pool by 1, and reducing armor on all sides of tank by 1 (13/12/9). If no es left in pool, skip to step 3.
    Step 3 See if I can acheive a glance or a pen result. If no, go back and start at step 1 again. if yes, roll 1d6, add 3, and check results. If a glance is achieved, remove 1 hp and go back to step 1. If a pen is achieved roll on damage chart, then go back to step 1.

Repeat until tank 1 is destroyed then move to tank 2, starting with step 1 based on however many hits you have remaining.

_______

So using my above example, I hit 25 times. I then score 14 entropic strikes.
    -I apply first hit to tank 1, apply first ES to tank 1. Roll 1d6+3 and get a 6. Rear armor is 9 so I go back to step 1.
    -I apply 2nd hit to tank 1, apply 2nd ES to tank 1. Roll 1d6+3 and get a 7. Rear armor is now 8, so I go back to step 1.
    -I apply 3rd hit to tank 1, apply 3rd ES to tank 1. Roll 1d6+3 and get a 9. Rear armor is now 7, so I get a pen. -1hp, roll on chart and destroy a weapon.
    - I apply 4th hit to tank 1, apply 4th ES to tank 1. Roll 1d6 +3 and get a 6. Rear armor is now 6, so I get a glance. -1hp.
    - I apply 5th hit to tank 1, apply 5th ES to tank 1. Roll 1d6+3 and get a 9. Rear armor is now 5, so I get a pen. -1hp (wreck) roll on chart and do not blow it up.
    -I apply 6th hit to tank 2, apply 6th ES to tank 2. Roll 1d6+3 and get a 4. Rear armor is now 9 since new tank, and go back to step 1.

If by the time I make it to tank 3, Ive exhausted all of my ES rolls, I cannot glance it (rear 10). If I have 1 remaining and can get it to 9, I would just roll any remaining hits, and hope for a glance on a 6.

Correct?

From Necron FAQ:

Q: How do you resolve the Entropic Strike special rule
    against a vehicle squadron? (p29)
    A: Roll a number of D6 equal to the number of hits.
    Split the successes equally between all member of the
    squadron with any excess allocated by the squadrons
    controlling player. Then roll to penetrate as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    From Necron FAQ:
    well hell that's a lot easier Thanks!

<lol> Simply awesome....
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett