BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Hit and Run question

Hi all!

I have a small question concerning the Hit and Run special rule. Can a unit that has succesfully passed a hit and run test move freely over other units ( both friendly and enemy), even units that were not part of the close combat? So if my White Scars hit and run, can they move over the opposing unit as if they weren't there? Surely not? You still have to stop as soon as you're 1 inch from an enemy model, right?

Here are the rules: " as long as the distance rolled, in inches, is sufficient to allow the entire unit to move over 1" away from all of the enemy units they are engaged with, the unit breaks away from combat and immediately moves a number of inches in the chosen direction equal to the 3d6 result, ignoring the units they were locked in combat with."

But in the movement section of the rules it says this ( page 10)
    " a model cannot move within 1" of an enemy model unless they are charging into close combat in the assault phase. To move past, they must go around."

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Chapter-Master

Your answer is buried in there. The hit n run rules specify that 18 when you move you only move over 'enemy units they are engaged with'. That means they only move over the models they were locked in combat with.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So even non-jetbike and jump infantry models can just move over engaged units? Damn.

Remember, they only get to ignore the unit that they were engaged with, you don't get to jump over other enemy units.

You cannot ignore units that were not part of the combat. "Ignoring the units they were locked in combat with" means that you only ignore units that you were locked in combat with. If there's some other enemy unit that wasn't part of that combat, you have to respect the 1" barrier.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frankio9 View Post
    So even non-jetbike and jump infantry models can just move over engaged units? Damn.
    Otherwise, hit and run would be utterly useless.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.