BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Iron hands supplement rules

Has some niffty rules but not was i was expecting.

1. The dread "buff" was dreads as heavy and elites so master of the forge rule.
    2. Interesting relics like thunder hammer staff for librarians, Axe of medusa +2s and ap2 (but is +4s on roll hit of six). Cloak that rules depend on remaining wounds (more wounds the better example no wounds feel no pain +1. eternal warrior and +3 inv). I like this relic its a stone that all vehicles within 6 inches it will not die is passed on a 4+ also on roll of the 6 fixes a weapon or immobilized.
    3. Two tech marines can be taken per hq. 3 per master of the forge.
    Purge the Weak!

Also a combi melta that can be shot every turn.
    Purge the Weak!

Iron Father

But one thing to note is if your using the supplement you can't use the relics from the main codex, so no shield eternal.

However one item called the Gorgons Chain is very good, depending on how many wounds you have depends on how good the chain is.

For 45pts you get a 3+ inv, + 1 to FNP and eternal warrior. The effects get weaker the less wounds you have but can be regained if you make your IWND saves.

No "special character" in the supplement though.

The artwork is awesome

Last edited by Deadlift; 11-23-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Not sure if im going to use it yet. kinda sad captains cant get servo harnesses.
    Purge the Weak!

Iron Father

Default Rules for Clan Raukeen

Right then for those not lucky to have the supplement yet i will quickly run though the rules that accompany this new book

1st lets look at the rule changes.

March of the Ancients
    Allows us to take Ironclads, Venerable and standard Dreadnoughts in elites and heavy support.

Scions of the Forge
    For every HQ (not including other Techmarines, Servitors, Command Squads or Honour Guard) slot you use you may take a Techmarine which will not use up a FoC slot, If you take a Master of the Forge then that unlocks 3 Techmarines.

Gifts of Gorgon
    Any Character in your Clan Raukaan detachment can only use the chapter relics listed in the supplement.

Warlord Traits
    You can choose to either roll on the the warlord traits in the main rule book (not space marine codex) or on the traits available in the supplement.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 11-23-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Iron Father

Default Warlord Traits

Warlord traits

1. Adapt of the Omnissiah
    In each of the shooting phases, instead of firing his weapon, a character with this rule may choose to repair a single vehicle that he is in base contact with or embarked upon. To repair a vehicle roll a d6 and add any modifiers

servitors with servo arm +1

character has servo-harness +1

if you get a 5 or more you may either restore a hull point or repair a weapon destroyed or immobilised result immediately

2. Will of Iron
    Your Warlord is fearless

3. Flesh is Weak
    Warlord adds +1 to his FNP roll

4. Student of History
    Your Warlord and any Clan Raukaan detachment can choose to automatically fail any morale check

5.Merciless Resolve
    Your Warlord and all friendly Clan Raukaan units within 12" have the Crusader special rule

6.Target Protocols
    Warlord and any Clan Raukaan unit he joins re-roll to hit rolls of a 1 in the shooting phase
    Last edited by Deadlift; 11-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Iron Father

Default Gifts of the Gorgon (Relics)

Only 1 can be taken per army and obviously for use by Clan Raukaan.

1. The Mindforge Stave, 15pts
    Only Librarians
    x2 Str
    Ap2
    Melee,Concussive,Force,Unwieldy

2. Axe of Medusa, 25pts
    +2 Str
    Ap2
    Melee, Master-Crafted, Severing Strike, Unwieldy
    Severing Strike
    Each time the bearer of the Axe rolls a 6 to hit the weapon is +4 strength instead of 2

3.The Ironstone, 30pts
    This isn't a weapon, its part of the armour.
    Friendly Clan Raukaan Tanks and Walkers within 6" of the bearer pass their IWND rolls on a 4+. If the Bearer rolls a 6 then you also repair a weapon destroyed, or immobilised result suffered earlier in game, your choice

4. Betrayers Bane 25pts
    Combi Melta that can be fired either as a boltgun or meltagun each turn. Either shots from the gun are Master Crafted.

5. The Gorgans Chain 45pts
    The wearer of the chain has these special rules depending on how many unsaved wounds he has suffered during the game.

0 wounds = 3+inv, +1 to FNP and Eternal Warrior
    1 wound = 3+inv and Eternal warrior
    2 wounds = 3+inv
    3 wounds = 4+inv

If you recover a wound from your IWND roll the effects of the chain change immediately

6. The Tempered Helm 35pts
    When taking morale tests all friendly units with 24" of the bearer may use his leadership instead of their own. You can also choose a single friendly unit within 12" and at the start of their shooting phase that unit re-rolls to hit rolls of 1. This is even if the bearer is embarked on a vehicle or in a building

Iron Father

The supplement itself is stacked with fluff and art and easily worth its £25 to me personally. I am disappointed that we didn't get a special character and we couldn't have TDA marines leading our squads, but I really like the rule changes myself. Every year I start a new army and next year its going to be using this supplement. I love Dreadnoughts in all their versions, and I am quite partial to Tech Marines too. Im no tactics genius so i don't really care how these rules compare to the Marine codex. I just really like this book and the fluffy nature of the rules is great.

I will be honest I haven't read the whole thing yet, but so far so good. One thing I couldn't find was who the author was.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 11-23-2013 at 11:26 AM.

It would be nice if things like Gorgan's Chains worked the other way round; the the character getting tougher as it loses wounds.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by euansmith View Post
    It would be nice if things like Gorgan's Chains worked the other way round; the the character getting tougher as it loses wounds.
    but at least with "It will not die" you get the chance to regain these rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast