BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think im going to use it. The dread rule doesnt really benefit me bc i use vaylund cal all the time. But, the bonus tech marines is a plus and could be very cool. I could do a tech marine in tac squads because they have independent character. Not sure on the relics. I do really like the axe of medusa. But what i really like is the iron stone thing.
    Question? Can i use vaylund cal with this?
    Purge the Weak!

In the pre-release build up it sounded like there was going to be more of a boost for dreads. On going back and reading the blog post again I guess maybe I was reading too much into what was being said but I'd hoped that we'd at least see Dreadnoughts getting the Character rule. I mean, they really should have it anyway, they're entombed heroes of the chapter after all, not some anonymous vehicle pilot.

That said I mostly like the rules. The warlord traits for the most part are interesting. The relics are neat. I have a metal Librarian with a Thunder Hammer and jump pack that I got in a lot with some other models on eBay forever ago, so maybe I'll get to use him now. The 6" range on the Ironstone seems like it might be a little limiting for the bonus it gives, and I'm a little unclear on the part about the bearer rolling a 6, do you roll a second die for the bearer whenever a vehicle within 6" rolls their IWND? Betrayer's Bane is the kind of thing I wish I could get on a Sternguard model, or maybe on a Captain when you could still also buy Hellfire rounds as an upgrade in 5th. You're basically paying 10 points more than straight up buying a melta(or 15 more than a regular combi melta) to also be able to fire a boltgun, though both being master crafted counts for something I suppose.

Do they still use the regular Iron Hands chapter tactics? Sentinals of Terra had their own but I don't see anyone mentioning different ones here, so I'm assuming everyone keeps their 6+FNP and characters and vehicles still get their IWND?

Vangrail. If they use iron hands chapter tactics the cal will be legal as he uses them too.
    At least he gives you an honour guard for your hq without taking a chaptermaster. That way you get the most techies too. Does the new dex have tactics clan raukaan?
    Last edited by Popsical; 11-23-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    I think im going to use it. The dread rule doesnt really benefit me bc i use vaylund cal all the time. But, the bonus tech marines is a plus and could be very cool. I could do a tech marine in tac squads because they have independent character. Not sure on the relics. I do really like the axe of medusa. But what i really like is the iron stone thing.
    Question? Can i use vaylund cal with this?
    I think that probably depends on my question about chapter tactics...but I'd lean towards no. A 'Clan Raukaan' detachment probably counts as a separate detachment from a detachment using 'Iron Hands' tactics, even if CR retains the normal IH tactics in addition to their extra rules. Given Vaylund specifies Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands I'd have to go with him not being takeable in a Clan Raukaan list. You could always ally CR and IH though in some combination.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post

Do they still use the regular Iron Hands chapter tactics.
    Yes.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Really good to hear. I may have to see if any of my buddies got this, especially since I'm haphazardly throwing together an Iron Hands 30k force.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Be really fun to run six dreadnoughts in an Iron Hands primary detachment with a seventh dreadnought from an allied Codex: SM or GK detachment. I could see that hurting a lot.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Be really fun to run six dreadnoughts in an Iron Hands primary detachment with a seventh dreadnought from an allied Codex: SM or GK detachment. I could see that hurting a lot.
    Watch this space I'm planning to do just this, but with Contemptors.

First-Captain

I'm gonna email forge world for an FAQ regarding contemptors for real.

Contemptors are an elites choice. I'm gonna ask if you have a MotF or using Raukan, can you take them as heavy as well?
    I love the contemptors!
    I could just have 3 contemptors and 3 mortis as they occupy a heavy slot. thats around 1200 points ish for the 6

Iron Father

That's exactly what I'm planning, x 3 Contemptors in my elites and 3 Mortis in my heavy, the Mortis are heavy support anyway though aren't they ?

Not sure how I'm going to arm them all though, the Mortis work really well with the kheres and missiles, I had one in my Salamanders army and it caused mayhem, especially against flyers.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 11-25-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast