BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I quite like it.
    At first I was a bit concerned about the layout but within moments I figured out what to do, tried to make a BA army. Very intuitive.
    Two comments, DC dreadnought is a Troop, currently listed as Elite and I can't find the Sanguinary Guard.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by epicroster View Post
    Hello guys

We a working on new online roster builder - it will help you to have access for your rosters in any place.
    Beta version of [url]http://www.epicroster.com[/url] was successfully launched. While in a state of beta. And it will be great to get your feedback and bug reports.

Please keep in mind, project still in development. So many new features will be added soon.

Feel free to send your ideas and wishes

Thanks
    Epicroster team

Just have to say one thing..... DAMN! This is some excellent work!

Librarian

Great Job! If this works on my phone pedestrians beware! (Just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Tried it with making a warband unit. It's not really user friendly.

I would say you should state that the boxes are unit slots instead of getting a bunch of boxes with army art.

Under the warband section I have no options or saw no options to swap out weapons, etc.

For example what if I wanted to make a hotshot carpace armour guy, instead of having a standrad guardsmen knock off.

Another issue was I couldn't swap out power weapons on my crusaders and deathcult.

Anyway when I was done making the unit. 1 deathcult, 1 crusder, 1 warrior, 1 daemon host, 1 banisher and 1 servator who I didn't have weapon options as well. I couldn't read anything in the box. It was just a bunch of mixed up text.

No, you can't read everything in the box, it runs out of space, but you obviously didn't scroll down the page. Everything you add is placed in a neat table down the bottom. And if you print it out, it not only details all your units and options, it also gives statlines for those units, their weapons and relics. Can't speak for other races, but the Eldar one seemed quite complete and accurate. I presume omissions in other armies will get filled in as it makes its way out of beta.

Really, really blown away by this. Must have been a lot of work.

This is pretty well done. The only criticism I have (knowing it is a work in progress and there are currently typos and stuff that will be fixed) is that there are not enough slots. Two HQ's, 3 Elites, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy and 6 Troops requires 17 boxes and there are only 10. Perhaps I am missing something in the use. I would also agree with the earlier comment that actually labelling the slots rather than picking for each one might be nice.

It looks good and is easy to use.

I know its beta, so not complaining but the Tyranid rules need to be looked at. I saw several problems right off the bat. Tyranid prime's regeneration is 10pts not 30pts. There is no option to take Tervigons as troops (you can take one per termagant brood.) Saw a few others but you get the idea.

Looks like you spent a lot of time on this, good job so far.

IF GW was on the ball they would hire someone to make an official army builder, sure looks like there is a market for one.

Chapter-Master

I noticed for force org swaps, you go through the unit auctions and check the box for the force org swap. So paladins for example are listed under elites, but they have an option under the elites section that designates troops.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I noticed for force org swaps, you go through the unit auctions and check the box for the force org swap. So paladins for example are listed under elites, but they have an option under the elites section that designates troops.
    It actually had that with the warband to turn them into troops.

Ummm. I would like to change out that power sword for a mace etc. When I am playing someone I don't want it look like I am weapon swapping to meet the armies needs in handling another player.

GW did make an army builder, but it was rather bad. For example army builder army list would be 4 pages printed, while the GW one would be like 15 pages printed. It was also two dvds with one being allies and the other being xenos. Also they sucked at keeping it updated. In other words this beta format is better than what GW did lol.

I noticed the text at the bottom.

However I can sit and praise the efforts saying the builder is good which does nothing to make it better. In fact it encourages no updates and leave it as is. If you point out flaws and be really critical of the work it is helpful in that they can fix the problems or think of something they haven't thought of yet.

That being said I haven't really looked at it yet due to time. However instead of figuring out how to create I would like possible text saying what each button does. However since I am looking at it via phone I can't use a mouse to scroll over the bix if it even has text or not if I scroll over it.

I like the ideal and the presentation. My problem is so far I would still use army builder by wolfsflair simply do to the ease I can make an army list with that product and how often they update the material.

With this program it would be useful if I want to make a list on my phone. It gives me options that army builder doesn't. Also army builder includes Forge World models. I haven't updated it as well to see if it has the supplement data.

I think you should benchmark some ideals from army builder. Also it would really help putting your material together and saves you from looking up everything.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It actually had that with the warband to turn them into troops.

Ummm. I would like to change out that power sword for a mace etc. When I am playing someone I don't want it look like I am weapon swapping to meet the armies needs in handling another player.

GW did make an army builder, but it was rather bad. For example army builder army list would be 4 pages printed, while the GW one would be like 15 pages printed. It was also two dvds with one being allies and the other being xenos. Also they sucked at keeping it updated. In other words this beta format is better than what GW did lol.

I noticed the text at the bottom.

However I can sit and praise the efforts saying the builder is good which does nothing to make it better. In fact it encourages no updates and leave it as is. If you point out flaws and be really critical of the work it is helpful in that they can fix the problems or think of something they haven't thought of yet.

That being said I haven't really looked at it yet due to time. However instead of figuring out how to create I would like possible text saying what each button does. However since I am looking at it via phone I can't use a mouse to scroll over the bix if it even has text or not if I scroll over it.

I like the ideal and the presentation. My problem is so far I would still use army builder by wolfsflair simply do to the ease I can make an army list with that product and how often they update the material.

With this program it would be useful if I want to make a list on my phone. It gives me options that army builder doesn't. Also army builder includes Forge World models. I haven't updated it as well to see if it has the supplement data.

I think you should benchmark some ideals from army builder. Also it would really help putting your material together and saves you from looking up everything.

Brother-Captain

I think the site is down? It took me to the pretty-looking main page just fine, but when I clicked on the IG icon it took me to a page that had no buttons, just a background that made it seem like there were buttons or links. Guessing that not all the stuff is currently operational.

Which is a shame because, as has been said, GW is going to C&D this down faster than you could possibly fix the problems currently present.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast