BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    First-Captain

Default Warp Storm Daemons vs Daemons?

Well I have had this happen twice so far and it has been out of tournament so far. The problem is when you roll 5, 6, 8, 9 on the warp storm table. Between 3 people we have different opinions on how this would be addressed, so this is the different ways we argued about.

1. Ok my shooting phase lets say I roll anti-nurgle. Well I have no nurgle so nothing happens to me, but since I am playing against my opponent he would have to roll against the table with all his models since he is the enemy so to speak.

2. Same as above, but only works on both sides nurgle models, meaning if no side has nurgle models than no models are afflicted.

3. Same as above, but nurgle models are afflicted than the enemies models are afflicted.

My stance is #1 by the way. Anyway Deamons vs Daemons or vs Csm can bring up intersting game play. Especially if both sides rolling on the warp storm table.

Brother-Captain

Firstly, the effects from 5, 6, 8, and 9 are there because they are fluffy -- depicting the ongoing struggle for dominance within the Warp between the various Chaos Gods. Only natural for a bit of backlash from all that power.

Second, for the (as you call it) "Anti-Nurgle" [#5] Warp Storm effect, you would roll to see if you damage your opponents units. Your opponent, the enemy, will only be touching dice to roll for armor or invulnerable saves should the Warp Storm blast hit them. Says it clear as day: "Roll a D6 for...each unengaged enemy unit. On a 6, place a large blaster marker over any model in the unit, then scatter it. Each unit (friend or foe) under the final position of the blast marker takes a number of S4 AP5 hits equal to the number of models from their unit under the template. This hit has the Barrage and Ignores Cover special rules."

So long as you have no Nurgle Daemon or Mark of Nurgle units, then rolling a "5" on the Warp Storm Table does no direct damage to your own units unless the scatter dice move the blast template away from your enemy's units and onto yours.

2. Same as above, but only works on both sides nurgle models, meaning if no side has nurgle models than no models are afflicted.
    The enemy are affected by the Warp Storm blast from #5, whether they are Nurgle or not. They are never able to ignore the effects. They always have a chance of being hit, from when *you* roll a D6 to see if they are hit on a 6.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Kath's right (meaning so are you - #1 is the clear answer). I don't see any ambiguity here. Storm of Fire says roll for each unengaged enemy unit, whether it's Nurglite or not, and for each friendly Nurglite unit. Each enemy unit has a chance to incur a large blast, even if it's composed 100% of Tzeentch models, because it's an enemy unit.

Brother-Captain

Bingo.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214