BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    They didn't need to delay, necessarily. And "Hobbit buzz" is only good for so much. In this town, Hobbit pretty much isn't played and LOTR barely gets any notice, whereas there are a LOT of Tyranid players and people wanting to get into Tyranids and waiting for the new book. If they'd come out this month, it'd be one more sure-seller for the holiday season. As it is, Hobbit stuff tends to just sit on the shelves.
    So by that logic, Tyranids are a sure fire seller whatever month they release them in, where Hobbit releases will struggle and so it is best to capitalise on the excitement of the film to boost those sales. Which is what they have done and what I said they would do all along because it is common sense. They would never do two big releases in the same month as it reduces sales on both releases and there's probably some contractual agreement which stops them putting out anything else alongside big hobbit releases.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    The perry twins do some great historical models just not fantasy models :/ still the ruleset was really tight as you had a base stat line and changing it added to or subtracted from points cost. So despite its hate it was probably the most balanced GW game.
    yeah i agree, their historic setting stuff is great, very personal (i know the guys are LARPers, and it shows in their work), but i dont think they can pull off the fantasy setting. their halflings and empire are very characterful and add levity to the system in a subtle comedic sense..... i just dont get the right feel from the models.

the LOTR models are reasonably detailed and do look the part..... but like flekkzo said, the setting is already so vast and well defined, there is no real scope for alternate events or what ifs, that a game situation presents.

Battle-Brother

To be honest, my personal decision on whether to acquire these or not will be based upon the amount of fluff included, where all rules and miniatures pictures equals 0% and at least half background, timeline, history, units etc equals 100%.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeaker View Post
    Finally.
    No Tyranids
    We have the rest of December for them to be released (much like second half of Dark Elves).
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

I'm still excited for both supplements but beyond disappointed in that cover art for Escalation, especially after the INCREDIBLE art on the cover of the latest Apocalypse book and everything by Kevin Chin.

The second half of Dark Elves were released the *following month* as part of the normal schedule. If that's any indication, then Tyranids might follow in January.

They were never coming this month. The Hobbit, guys. The Hobbit.

Also, there wasn't a mystery box, either, was there? I said I'd laugh, so this is me laughing. Ha ha ha.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

No nids? Lame. And a even bigger hit no Beorn in bear mode what the hell
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    No nids? Lame. And a even bigger hit no Beorn in bear mode what the hell
    Yet, and....erm.....yet!

If Beorn doesn't go Hairybeary in the film, there won't be a model.

If he does, it will likely be released soon.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    All the people complaining about hobbit stuff, in my group of forty we play hobbit more than 40k and fantasy combined.... The new rangers look nice not sure about the guard or thranduil..
    Almost no-one plays WHF/40K at my club, either

I do hear that The Hobbit/LOTR is a decent game, I just can't justify the entry price compared to everything else on the market.
    Last edited by Herzlos; 11-28-2013 at 03:59 AM.

I saw these new Elves and was like "well, that made my mind up!"

Also, the bigger disappointment is the lack of Thranduil on a Stag
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast