BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Worst sportsmanship EVER and the meltdown of Lost Vyper

Okay...

Let´s just say yesterdays FULL day of gaming got a nasty ending. We had been playing from 9 am to approx 7 pm and we had a Triple Threat -match going on with one of our FLGC -original missions. The mission is called Assassins and it´s a kill point mission, but in the beginning we throw two dice and they´ll tell which units give KP´s. It was HQ´s worth 3p (4 if killed in challenge) and Elites 1p and the rest were just cannon fodder, no points. Also, in the beginning or EVERY turn, we throw dice, to see which order we play that turn. Our Space Wolves player was really stricken with bad luck, he had 4 HQ´s. I had one and BA player one plus one Elite. In this point, we should have chosen another mission, but everybody was game, so on we went. I filmed a BATREP, but i´m still pissed off what happened in the end of round four when the game was called to an end, so there might not be a BATREP from that match...

So round four and i was in lead with 9p, SW had 7 (and couldn´t win anymore) and BA had 3...BA was gunning for the two remaining HQ´s...gunned down one fair and square. Second SW HQ was down to one wound and had two Grey Hunters with him. Normally, you would Look Out Sir the remaining ONE Lascannon wound...no, he just opted to take it to the HQ, with only 5+ Invl. save and got killed...that´s how the BA player "WON" with 10 points. It would have been ok for me, if he LOS`d the wounds and on the NEXT turn, BA player had gone before me and killed him then, fine, but NOOOOOO...we called the game, but later i realized, that i had a (very slim) possibility to wipe BA player off the board, but hey, when you blow a fuse(box), that´s how it goes...

I. HAVE. NEVER. BEEN. THAT. PISSED OFF. (playing 40K that is)...

if i´m losing a game, i´m not really into it anymore, but i still PLAY IT TO THE END (if a Triple Threat Match) or forfeit, but geez, i still have some sportsmanship...

- Melted Vyper
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 11-27-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Honestly, move on and forget it. My group totally disintegrated due to petty rivalry caused by similar events that youve just had.
    If it devolves into a spite filled oneupmanship group then the fun will be gone for good.
    Have another game soon and enjoy it, and dont mention that game again.
    Sure it pissed you off, but its not worth the aggro move on.

I'm confused...are you saying the guy who took the lascannon to the chin was being a poor sportsman?

Yeah, thank the lord, that he apologized later, so my cooling down is already a steady process. We have so little group, who play actively, that this ain´t gonna jeopardize that...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Chapter-Master

Soooo... what exactly pissed you off? Losing because you were playing a silly mission?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The damage done to my group by one silly game led to people turning up to every alledged friendly games with smack down lists.
    It got to the point where we travelled 200 miles to warhammer world for a fun days gaming, instead one player had a list that everyone else had tailored theres to beat, and it became an expensive waste of time. The whole episode snowballed out of control fast. Now we dont game as a group anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Soooo... what exactly pissed you off? Losing because you were playing a silly mission?
    A guy who didn´t bother to play it to the end --> GIVING away the match. Doesn´t anyone read these thoroughly? Except Popsical? And the mission isn´t silly, normally we don´t play it in Triple Threat -matches and it is more balanced then. Am i the only one, who gets bored with the same 6 BRB missions?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Librarian

How did he get 10 points? if he was on 3 and killed 2 in shooting then he could only have got 9 points? it was a draw??

Devils advocate time.....

The Space Woof player probably wasn't all that interested in the game overall, as from the offset he was on the backfoot.

Could be he had genuinely disengaged to the point where he forgot 'Look out Sir' existed.

From your description, it's impossible to know.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I had to read that a couple of times before I got why you were pissed off (other than a set of scenario rules that would drive a monk beserk). If I'm reading this right, you're saying the Space Wolf player deliberately let his HQ be killed? (Or you're angry because he was thick enough to let it happen?). Did he do this because he was giving up or to get at you or something? Apologies for not quite getting it - I'm just a little unclear on it.

EDIT: Just to note, I normally enjoy your batreps, but perhaps this one should be skipped... Hope no damage done to friendships.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast